Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

Just Flight turbo arrow

Does Just Flight override the the default aerodynamic to solve issues like the broken yaw on take-off?

I just dial in some nose up trim, gets it back under some semblance of control in most aircraft.

Meanwhile ... the Turbo Arrow III in it's natural habitat:

• Like 3

I’m new to the Arrow and have a quick question. The plane wants to roll to the left slightly if I’m hand flying her. Is this a characteristic of the plane? My controls are perfect with all other aircraft,  no rolling at all,  so I’m thinking that it might be the plane. This is my first add on plane in MSFS and the fidelity of this model is incredible. 

10 minutes ago, NismoRR said:

I’m new to the Arrow and have a quick question. The plane wants to roll to the left slightly if I’m hand flying her. Is this a characteristic of the plane? My controls are perfect with all other aircraft,  no rolling at all,  so I’m thinking that it might be the plane. This is my first add on plane in MSFS and the fidelity of this model is incredible. 

Yup, i've only done one flight in each of  the turbos but instantly noticed the tendency to roll left that isnt there in the NA version.  Would like to know if this is realistic or not as well!

Appreciate the quick reply. At least it’s not my controls. None of the default aircraft exhibit this behavior so I figured it was the plane. Like you Moose I’d like to know if this is realistic behavior.

43 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I just dial in some nose up trim, gets it back under some semblance of control in most aircraft.

Meanwhile ... the Turbo Arrow III in it's natural habitat:

Which power settings are you using there, looks like 38/25?

4 minutes ago, hangar said:

Which power settings are you using there, looks like 38/25?

Roughly 38/25 and around 20% mixture,  It is not a cruise setting by any stretch of the imagination.

No idea if that is realistic but it seem to work in game if I am after performance.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Re the left yaw tendency, a couple of things, maybe not the causes though:

1. Are you flying with only 170 lbs weight in the pilot's seat? If so, try adding 170 lbs to the passenger/co-pilot seat. 

2. The fuel switch only does left or right tanks, not both. If you leave it in one position all the time, instead of switching back and forth, the fuel tank in one wing empties, causing the plane to gradually tilt towards the other side, and so yaw towards that side.

Whatever the cause, there is a rudder trim control wheel middle bottom of the front panel you can use to correct the yaw.

I hope that helps.

-Bob

• Upvote 1

Just now, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

It is not a cruise setting by any stretch of the imagination

oh ok yea, I was looking at the power settings in the POH and couldn't find those anywhere 🙂

at that alt & rpm's 32.8 would be 75%

But my confusion is about: how does one know how much we would be able to push that in the real plane? Would we do damage at 38mp at 3,000ft? Does it not matter as long as EGT is within limits? How do we know?

10 minutes ago, hangar said:

oh ok yea, I was looking at the power settings in the POH and couldn't find those anywhere 🙂

at that alt & rpm's 32.8 would be 75%

But my confusion is about: how does one know how much we would be able to push that in the real plane? Would we do damage at 38mp at 3,000ft? Does it not matter as long as EGT is within limits? How do we know?

Yeah we have no CHT gauge to monitor .

If I am after max power,  I just watch the red marks on MP/ RPM and EGT and stay under all three. 

The most critical is the MP which needs to stay below 41 inches at all times. At 3000' it will go well above 41 inches and that is not a good thing. It also needs to stay above 20 inches in descent for slow cooling and above 15 inches at low rpm.

Otherwise in cruise I tend to drop the revs back adjust for just rich of peak and look at the fuel flow gauge which has guidelines marked on it for manifold pressure at various power settings.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

I was flying the Turbo and in the middle of the flight, I started to loose power progressively until I had to land on a field. Did I miss something ?

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

5 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I was flying the Turbo and in the middle of the flight, I started to loose power progressively until I had to land on a field. Did I miss something ?

Could be several reasons, but you should always make sure that all engine parameters are in the green. Also, adjust mixture according to altitude.

Peter

6 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

You probably blew the turbo or ran out of gas