Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

Just Flight turbo arrow

7 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I was flying the Turbo and in the middle of the flight, I started to loose power progressively until I had to land on a field. Did I miss something ?

If you exceed 41 inches for any length of time you take engine damage. It shows up (and can be reset)  in the tablet if you click on the maintenance menu item. At 50% damage you lose power. At 100% she stops completely.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, BBCM said:

Re the left yaw tendency, a couple of things, maybe not the causes though:

1. Are you flying with only 170 lbs weight in the pilot's seat? If so, try adding 170 lbs to the passenger/co-pilot seat. 

Ahh...in my haste i forgot to add in my passenger.   That'll be it 🙂   More caffeine required!

1 hour ago, BBCM said:

Re the left yaw tendency, a couple of things, maybe not the causes though:

1. Are you flying with only 170 lbs weight in the pilot's seat? If so, try adding 170 lbs to the passenger/co-pilot seat. 

2. The fuel switch only does left or right tanks, not both. If you leave it in one position all the time, instead of switching back and forth, the fuel tank in one wing empties, causing the plane to gradually tilt towards the other side, and so yaw towards that side.

Whatever the cause, there is a rudder trim control wheel middle bottom of the front panel you can use to correct the yaw.

I hope that helps.

-Bob

You make two great points which and I’m pretty certain you are correct. Like Moose, I’m sure it’s the passenger, but as flights progress I’ll need to stay aware of fuel flow and tank selection. 

Thanks Bob! 

Actually, I forgot: there is an auto-fuel selector button on the pop-up tablet, which I guess functions like a "both" switch, but I always turn it off.

-Bob

Are you able to read the texts at the dashboard? For me they look bad and I can hardly see what is there.

Edited by kiki

This thing just keeps climbing, maybe  a little too well? not sure  😄

... the absolute ceiling on the Arrow IV Turbo seems to be up around 25500 feet which is 25% higher than the service ceiling which is 20000' .

12 minutes ago, kiki said:

Are you able to read the texts at the dashboard? For me they look bad and I can hardly see what is there.

What resolution ? They would not be readable without zooming in at 1080p, are borderline at 1440p (some readable some not)  and will be perfectly fine at 4K. 

The video above is with game at 1440p .

I suspect in VR you would struggle to read them.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

4 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

What resolution ? They would not be readable without zooming in at 1080p, are borderline at 1440p (some readable some not)  and will be perfectly fine at 4K. 

1080p. So there is nothing I can do with that resolution?

1 minute ago, kiki said:

1080p. So there is nothing I can do with that resolution?

Well you can zoom in with the mouse wheel or use CTRL-1 CTRL-2 etc of course.

But in terms of reading them from default cockpit view without zooming or jumping to a camera ... I am not sure.

I suppose you could fiddle with things setting rendering higher or play with TAA etc and see if it helps.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

All seems fine in VR here (G2) 

2 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

People who don’t use VR tend to forget that in VR it’s simply a matter of leaning a little forward if you can’t read something.  You aren’t “resolution bound” in quite the same way as in 2D monitor flying.  Leaning in only a little bit puts that otherwise hard to read gauge at a significantly larger percentage of the “screen space” within your goggles. (just like it would in real life if you sitting in a real cockpit).  It’s not a fixed thing.

There’s also a right mouse button zoom, but honestly I rarely use it.

• Like 1

Version 0.1.1 out

v0.1.1 (30/05/21)

• Cockpit texture resolution no longer reduced by the sim
  • Custom registration decals fixed
  • Turbocharger logic improvements
  • Chocks and tie-downs now prevent movement of aircraft on ground
  • PMS-50 GNS/GTN integration fixes (bundle version)
  • 'Set Electric Fuel Pump 1' control assignment is now supported for Honeycomb hardware users

Edited by styckx
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

2 hours ago, styckx said:

Version 0.1.1 out

Where can we d/l that?   Never mind, I was able to find it.

Edited by kiki

3 hours ago, kiki said:

Where can we d/l that?   Never mind, I was able to find it.

You'd normally receive an email from us advising of the update but due to the weekend/BH it didn't happen with this.  You'll receive them going forward though.  There's also a thread in our forum that keeps users abreast of update details.

https://community.justflight.com/topic/2257/update-change-logs-v0-1-1-released-edited-30-05-21/2

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

Sorry, but how do you install the update?

Down load from our orders account? Then install? 

Bob

Edit:

The current version in my downloads is 0.1.1 the update.

Bob

Edited by BobP