Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

Just Flight turbo arrow

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Did you swap tanks over or choose the fuel assistance option on the ipad thingy?

I know I edit my original post. I thought I knew what I did wrong but. Nope..

I continue over the course of my flights slowly but surely lose fuel flow. My tanks are topped off, engine damage 0%. 

At 10000ft, MP 38/39 - Prop RPM around 24, full rich on the mix. When I got to 10000 I was 20 gallon/hour. As you can see, despite full rich still after about 40 minutes  I'm down to 18 gallon/hour and it slowly continues to slowly drop as does my air speed. Just in the course of typing this out I'm now just below 18 gallon/hour. It just steadily declines despite no engine damage. 

I'm completely out of ideas of why it's doing this.  About 30 minutes or so give or take before this screen shot I was at 20 gallons/hour. Zero changes to anything and here it is for reasons I can't explain just slowly continues to drop, drop, drop, and drop. If I continued much longer, it would eventually reach near zero fuel flow and nothing fixes it. Even clicking engine repair does nothing. I'm lost. I love this plane but this is driving my OCD nuts

IGw54Bh.jpg

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

13 minutes ago, styckx said:

As you can see, despite full rich still after about 40 minutes  I'm down to 18 gallon/hour and it slowly continues to slowly drop as does my air speed. Just in the course of typing this out I'm now just below 18 gallon/hour. It just steadily declines despite no engine damage.

I don't know about engine damage, but your rpm is really close to max, and so is MP. I usually fly the bird with an rpm of 2300 (you can change that with the blue lever) and an MP of 35-37 at cruise level. Never had any issues.

Peter

4 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

I don't know about engine damage, but your rpm is really close to max, and so is MP. I usually fly the bird with an rpm of 2300 (you can change that with the blue lever) and an MP of 35-37 at cruise level. Never had any issues.

Peter

"Really close" (everything still in green) is still not "max" or above it.. I'll take your suggestion and try again though.  Appreciate it

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

10 minutes ago, styckx said:

"Really close" (everything still in green) is still not "max" or above it.. I'll take your suggestion and try again though.  Appreciate it

I had this happen when I was just blasting around. If you set the recommended cruise settings it works way better. For example at ~10k 32 inches and 2500 rpm for a faster cruise.

Edited by reheat

2 minutes ago, reheat said:

I had this happen when I was just blasting around. If you set the recommended cruise settings it works way better. For example at ~10k 32 inches and 2500 rpm for a faster cruise.

Good to know. If seems this is a `designed' slow failure but nothing I read or saw about in the manual..  As previously I'll try this and try again

21 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Probably got spam filtered.

All the email does  is tell you to login to your Just Flight Account and go to your non-turbo download link and copy the discount code and also provides a link to the Arrow Turbo page on the website so you can add it to the shopping trolley and buy it using the discount code.

Awesome and thanks, greatly appreciated!!

2 hours ago, styckx said:

Good to know. If seems this is a `designed' slow failure but nothing I read or saw about in the manual..  As previously I'll try this and try again

When you say "full rich" I assume you actually mean ROP .  In the photo you are 40% lean against the stop,

At altitude the in game aircraft needs more like 16 -20 % mixture so you need to disengage the mixture lock, (this is not realistic but seems to be an artefact of the generic MSFS mixture errors)

1 minute ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

When you say "full rich" I assume you actually mean ROP .  In the photo you are 40% lean against the stop,

At altitude the in game aircraft needs more like 16 -20 % mixture so you need to disengage the mixture lock, (this is not realistic but seems to be an artefact of the generic MSFS mixture errors)

Yes. You're correct. Thanks. I've been more successful now with "dialing it back a bit" and learning the quirks of this turbo. Makes the price even more worth while. I get to be educated a bit here. Love it.  Glad I went into this humbly. I knew it was a piloting issue. Yet couldn't figure out how or why

How do I know the correct mixture for certain altitudes and power settings, what to look for?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

19 minutes ago, Target71 said:

https://fliegen.ch/pdf/afm/TurboArrow/AFM_TArrow.pdf?m=1547470369&

. MSFS mixture is borked but you can look at fuel flow, rpms, and listen to the engine to get where you need to be.

I thought they fixed two sim updates before? I'm  don't see any problems right now with aircraft I fly right now

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Here is example I just lean for 75% - 30''2400RPM

unknown.png?width=2250&height=1266

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

5 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I thought they fixed two sim updates before? I'm  don't see any problems right now with aircraft I fly right now

You are probably right...I play it by "ear" mostly, not that I am an expert at all.

Edited by Target71