Sign in to follow this  
Otterpilit

Edit Multi Crew Exp. and VoxScript

Are there any good Tutorials, or Printed instructions on how to Edit Multi Crew Experience, And VoxScript/  I found one Video using the DC-2, however the presenter obviously is good with editing but is goes through it so quickly, and the video is poor, so it is very difficult if not impossible to tell what he is doing.  i need more basic instruction/help.

Any help is appreciated.

Ken Hand

You can edit or create the VoxScripts manually in notepad.  Check out David Herky scripts on Avsim (just search his name) for examples, you'll soon get the hang of it.   Refer to the various Commands documents for valid commands for various aspects.

Edited by STUART_H

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

22 hours ago, Otterpilit said:

Are there any good Tutorials, or Printed instructions on how to Edit Multi Crew Experience, And VoxScript/  I found one Video using the DC-2, however the presenter obviously is good with editing but is goes through it so quickly, and the video is poor, so it is very difficult if not impossible to tell what he is doing.  i need more basic instruction/help.

Any help is appreciated.

Ken Hand

Sorry you found my DC2 video of poor quality.

Stuart is correct. Just edit the scripts in notepad. But if you've got the MCE UI open on your desktop, you can explore the Vox Scripts directly from the UI. Personally, I'd do this first, so you can see how the scripts work with your aircraft loaded. 

Take a look at the flows for the Neo or CRJ. The CRJ has all the flows that faithfully adhere to the real world aircraft. Also having looked at the CRJ Vox Scripts, you'll see they match the EFB checklists exactly. When you add lines into a flow/script, just make sure you use the commands from the MCE manual. If you accidentally type in something that MCE doesn't understand, you will see a text message informing you that you need to try different verbiage.

I would use some ready made scripts and just have a play with them. The UI is very powerful and once you get used to it it's very straightforward. You can add items that work flight deck switches, using basic commands like "parking brake on", remove them, move them up the order, or down. Add Notify commands, which to will be simply read back. You can add sound files that will play, as long as they are .wav files, they will play in order when you run the script/flow. 

It doesn't matter what sim your on. MCE UI Vox Scripts will run exactly the same way.

There's a small collection of all my Box Scripts (including sound files) that I've uploaded to Avsim Libs. You can download them and have a play. Full instructions are in the downloads.

Enjoy!

😁

• Like 2