Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Horrible sim performance after patch 1.16.2.0

5 hours ago, Tom_L said:

I noticed some stuttering on airports after SU4. And I noticed quite a few CRJ aircraft on every airport I flew to. I checked them, and I guess they were Aerosoft CRJ models with full poly count. So if you have installed the CRJ or other 3rd party aircraft you might want to set "use generic aircraft for AI" (sorry, don't know the exact wording - but you'll find out for sure) in your settings. For me it resolved the issue - but I have to live with those ugly standard aircraft.

I’ve been saying there needs to be a lite version for use as AI traffic, it can still look good but with a lower poly count. Imagine what it’s going to be like after you’ve bought a couple of dozen aircraft - assuming the sim will try and display most at big hubs etc 

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

On 5/28/2021 at 9:08 AM, Tom_L said:

I noticed some stuttering on airports after SU4. And I noticed quite a few CRJ aircraft on every airport I flew to. I checked them, and I guess they were Aerosoft CRJ models with full poly count. So if you have installed the CRJ or other 3rd party aircraft you might want to set "use generic aircraft for AI" (sorry, don't know the exact wording - but you'll find out for sure) in your settings. For me it resolved the issue - but I have to live with those ugly standard aircraft.

What did you do to get the CRJs to even show?  I have been trying to get the models to show as AI traffic since Aerosoft release.  

Are you sure they were CRJs?

49 minutes ago, knich said:

Are you sure they were CRJs?

100%, though not so sure if they're from Aerosoft - but I didn't find any other simobjects than the Aerosoft ones in my MSFS directory.

50 minutes ago, knich said:

What did you do to get the CRJs to even show?

Nothing, they appeared with SU4. I changed "use generic aircraft for AI" to ON to get rid of them for better performance.

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

45 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

100%, though not so sure if they're from Aerosoft - but I didn't find any other simobjects than the Aerosoft ones in my MSFS directory.

Nothing, they appeared with SU4. I changed "use generic aircraft for AI" to ON to get rid of them for better performance.

Ok.  Thanks. 

I did some extensive testing after noticing FPS drop as well.

At Asobo Atlanta with the FBW A320 and was getting about 28 FPS with bad stutters.  The weather was pretty clear only some clouds on the horizon. Most of the things I checked in the settings didn't really matter if they were Ultra or LOW. 1 to 3 frames at the most. 

Only 2 things mattered:

AI TRAFFIC of any kind...  As soon as I turned it off I got 35-40 FPS.  My setting was AI Offline 34%.  It didn't seem to matter if it was 100% or 10% the frame drop was the same which I found really strange.

With the same settings I switched to the C152 and I had a solid 55-58 FPS.

So the curse of FSX continues.  Complex glass cockpit airplane plus lots of AI = slideshow.  

Changing the Glass Cockpit Refresh rate to Low got me only about 3 FPS... which was similar to FSX tweaks.  I also notice in the FBW Airbus I'm always main thread limited. 

None of this is a revelation but I was hoping this engine was going to take better advantage of GPU and Multi Core Processors.

My System: i7 9700KF, RTX 2070s, 32GB RAM, 1TB NVMe.

Regarding traffic i have all the default Asobo Airbus variants disabled now, cause they still showed with the generic only setting on (aircraft.cfg "isAirTraffic = 0"), you may check that for each addon plane and liverys too. Am using now a modified ivao mtl for my live traffic, had to adjust the static_cg_hight for most models... but now the real live traffic looks like real traffic and i can set it to 50% without dropping frames then 🙂

ivao-sunweb.jpg

ivao-sanjose1.jpg

Live Traffic with working Liveries! - Third Party Addon Discussion / Tools & Utilities - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Airport hint

Edited by bumpywindshear

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

AI Offline is a fps hog, I lost 10 fps no matter which settings I use, but with Live Traffic it is fine.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

My computer has an I9-9900k, 2028, 32 gigs ram etc.....and now at times it chunks out badly. Wasn't that long ago even in high density areas it was smooth as glass. if my machine with this kind of horsepower is having a challenge I shudder to think what lower powered computers are experiencing. (edit to correct typo)

Edited by dbw1
typo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

My computer has an I9-9900k, 2028, 32 gigs ram etc.....and now at times it chunks out badly. Wasn't that long ago even in high density areas it was smooth as glass. if my machine with this kind of horsepower is having a challenge I shudder to think what lower powered computers are experiencing. (edit to correct typo)

Same thing here and as far as im concerned there's a problem with a tiny minority of live AI that cause the sudden stutterfest/low FPS.     95% of the time it's fine. When the sudden performance drop happens i immediately turn off the live traffic and its back to smooth as silk.   I can turn it back on 5 mins later and it'll remain fine again.

• Upvote 1

The Moose..... Thanks, I'll try that.

Silly question....but how do you get into settings to change this when the sim is running? Sure wish there was a basic manual included with msfs.

Same here performance definitely dropped off getting sick of fiddling with settings tbh!

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

1 minute ago, dbw1 said:

The Moose..... Thanks, I'll try that.

Silly question....but how do you get into settings to change this when the sim is running? Sure wish there was a basic manual included with msfs.

Just hit ESC and go to general>traffic>aircraft traffic type and turn if off.   Repeat process and turn it back to Real Time Online 5-10 mins later and hopefully the offending traffic will have moved from your vicinity.

A pain in the backside to have to do it but it's currently the only thing that stops the instant performance drop for me.

Of course your issue may be completely different than mine, but it's worth a try!

• Upvote 1

There is a bug in the game that at about 10NM from the airport, the CoherantGTDraw goes from 0.3ms to 100ms. This is the cause of the FPS dropping like crazy. There is a new beta coming soon so I'll make sure that I provide enough data to Asobo so they can finally fix this word not allowed.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I have been able to get smooth performance by turning pretty much everything off. No traffic. No real time weather. No photogrammetry. Took ultra settings down to medium. Reset my nvidia profile for msfs. Close browser and antivirus, plus anything else running. Very smooth, and it does not look too bad. This is as good as it gets until I can upgrade my pc. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

2 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

There is a bug in the game that at about 10NM from the airport, the CoherantGTDraw goes from 0.3ms to 100ms. This is the cause of the FPS dropping like crazy. There is a new beta coming soon so I'll make sure that I provide enough data to Asobo so they can finally fix this word not allowed.

Definitely noticed everything tanking close to the airport so this makes sense.

Thomas Derbyshire