Sign in to follow this  
JDWalley

Purchase new version -- need to download WU3?

This is a bit odd...I just purchased the Premium Deluxe Version outright and installed it yesterday.  I would assume it would include all the previous updates.  However, if I look at the Marketplace, it indicates I need to purchase (for free) and download World Update III: United Kingdom & Ireland.  Shouldn't that already be included?  Is it just going to reinstall updates I already have, or did the newly-purchased version for some reason leave them out?  It's pretty confusing.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

They are just a seperate download

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

5 minutes ago, JDWalley said:

This is a bit odd...I just purchased the Premium Deluxe Version outright and installed it yesterday.  I would assume it would include all the previous updates.  However, if I look at the Marketplace, it indicates I need to purchase (for free) and download World Update III: United Kingdom & Ireland.  Shouldn't that already be included?  Is it just going to reinstall updates I already have, or did the newly-purchased version for some reason leave them out?  It's pretty confusing.

Go to the Content Manager and see what is loaded and not loaded. Download what you want to install! I think you can Uninstall any World Update. me thinks? I would imagine there are some updates to download too?

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

I downloaded all the other Content Manager updates last night after install.  This time, I originally clicked on "Buy & Download" for WU3, then canceled it and came over here to make sure I wasn't going to be screwing up my install by doing it.  Now, I go back to Content Manager and see five different U.K. packages that need to be updated.  Fine, but I guess I'm still puzzled why this wasn't included from the start -- or whether it was and choosing to buy WU3 from the marketplace, even if I canceled it immediately, had the effect of making it necessary to install it again.  Odd.

James David Walley

8 minutes ago, JDWalley said:

I downloaded all the other Content Manager updates last night after install.  This time, I originally clicked on "Buy & Download" for WU3, then canceled it and came over here to make sure I wasn't going to be screwing up my install by doing it.  Now, I go back to Content Manager and see five different U.K. packages that need to be updated.  Fine, but I guess I'm still puzzled why this wasn't included from the start -- or whether it was and choosing to buy WU3 from the marketplace, even if I canceled it immediately, had the effect of making it necessary to install it again.  Odd.

The world scenery updates are optional, which is why they are not downloaded and applied automatically during the game updates.

• Upvote 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

So that would mean I have to go back to Marketplace and look for the other World Updates next?  I didn't see any initially other than WU3, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right spot.

James David Walley

That is weird.  I checked the Marketplace and, for some reason, I had WU1 already installed, but none of the others.  I had assumed they'd be automatically installed at the "check for updates" screen.  Thanks for clarifying!

James David Walley

5 minutes ago, JDWalley said:

That is weird.  I checked the Marketplace and, for some reason, I had WU1 already installed, but none of the others.  I had assumed they'd be automatically installed at the "check for updates" screen.  Thanks for clarifying!

Too be honest, even though most of us bought it on August 18th, 2020. we are still learning about MSFS. I keep rebooting MSFS knowing the Fly By Wire was gonna be in the Market Place for FREE. Well I incorrectly assumed that meant it would download automatically and be in the aircraft section, and in the back of my mind knowing better. Once I went to the Market Place and bought it for FREE, which is weird, downloaded it and all is good. So stupid of me to think, it would just be there!

Always check the Content Manager, especially after big updates for left over tiny updates 🙂

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Would it make any difference for MSFS's loading times (or even better performance) if world updates we don't fly around in are not downloaded and installed? 

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply