Sign in to follow this  
G-RFRY

ORBX SALE P3Dv5

EGLC now V5 and on sale as well as most v5 scenery over the weekend.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Just yesterday I complained that it still wasn't compatible with V5 yet, and here we go 😅 Nice!

Also, lots of other good stuff on sale that I simply can't resist...

I wish Orlando city was v5 ready.

• Like 2

Eric 

Does anyone know if AUv2 works properly with FT YSSY v2? I have been searching for quite a while and can’t seem to find a clear answer.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

32 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Does anyone know if AUv2 works properly with FT YSSY v2? I have been searching for quite a while and can’t seem to find a clear answer.

Cheers, Pete

I havent seen any issues

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

28 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

I havent seen any issues

Michael Moe

Thanks, I think I will give it a shot.

Cheers, Pete

Anyone with medium PC and TE Florida and LTVFR KMIA ?

How is the perfomance and advantage ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Is there any point in getting scenery for P3D/FSX, with MSFS out now and being so much better even in default? The discounts are good for a change and I haven't bought from ORBX in ages, but still feel that I'm throwing money in the water.

Edit: (should add that I mainly do single-engine GA & VFR flying, hence very happy with what is in MSFS already)

Edited by rooitou

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

1 minute ago, rooitou said:

Is there any point in getting scenery for P3D/FSX, with MSFS out now and being so much better even in default? The discounts are good for a change and I haven't bought from ORBX in ages, but still feel that I'm throwing money in the water.

Personally I am no where near being done with P3dv5. I have had MSFS since the day it was released, but I do 90% of my flying in P3d. It is hard to tell when many of the complex Jets will be available for MSFS (PMDG, etc.) but even if they come a year from now, a year is a long time away. 

Cheers, Pete

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, rooitou said:

Well that depends what your focus and interest is in right ?

My focus is FSLabs,PMDG birds so i am all in for P3D at the moment :-)

Taking a break sometimes with MSFS just for fun and VFR

Michael Moe

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

I wish Orlando city was v5 ready.

Or Charleston...

Although I'm not sure Orlando is even worth it if one already has TE Florida installed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rooitou said:

Is there any point in getting scenery for P3D/FSX, with MSFS out now and being so much better even in default?

If your sim is MSFS, it certainly makes zero sense. If your sim is P3D, like mine, it does, like it always has.
I have no plans to move to MSFS in the foreseeable future, so I'm happy about such 50% sales.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thepilot said:

Or Charleston...

Although I'm not sure Orlando is even worth it if one already has TE Florida installed.

I heard that TE sceneries don't have seasons so that stopped my purchase.  Is that the case?

Dan

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, FSLabs A320, and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

2 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

It is hard to tell when many of the complex Jets will be available for MSFS (PMDG, etc.) but even if they come a year from now, a year is a long time away.

PMDG 737 expected this year - https://fselite.net/news/pmdg-shares-new-tutorial-series-for-dc-6-in-msfs-737-expected-for-this-year/

52 minutes ago, Rafal said:

If your sim is MSFS, it certainly makes zero sense. If your sim is P3D, like mine, it does, like it always has.
I have no plans to move to MSFS in the foreseeable future, so I'm happy about such 50% sales.

It really depends on personal preference. Today I've bought 61B (KBVU) for P3D to complement my FlyTampa KLAS and Nevada photoscenery when taking an A2A single prop for a spin.
But then I also bought KEYW and LOWG for MSFS to use with WT's CJ4 or FBW's A32N.

In theory, I've done that the wrong way round. MSFS should be for GA flights and P3D for airliner ones, but that's what appealed to me today.

28 minutes ago, dpergau said:

I heard that TE sceneries don't have seasons so that stopped my purchase.  Is that the case?

That's correct, apart from TE Netherlands, which has 5 seasons.

In certain areas, namely TE Southern California and TE Florida, there's no real need for seasonality.
Even TE Oregon and TE Washington don't necessarily need a hard winter season depiction and the trees will change colour in TE regions according to season if you use Orbx Global Trees HD.

It's not perfect, but I much prefer TrueEarth and other photoscenery terrain to landclass textures.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; PMDG 737-600; FFX HJ; AIG & FSLTL; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter