Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

FSD Pilatus Porter FSX Ready but what about liveries?

Guest draky

One of my favorites in the airctaft addon world has now been released for FSX - the 3 versions of the Pilatus Porter (v2) over at FSD:-http://www.fsd-international.com/There is just the one livery for each aircraft with the purchase, my question is do the Porter's liveries issued for FS9 work within the FSX environment?. There were some great freebies for this forgiving aeroplane (does anyone know if it is possible to get rid of those annoying dice?).Cheers - Dave

I think most are disappointed with FSD over this issue lately. I have the updated Seneca for FS9 and have the same issue. There's a few bugs with this aircraft as well that have yet to get patched. The update was promised a month ago (same with the liveries). The various promised patch/livery release dates are almost a month overdue. It seems the extra work that's going into updating the models for FSX is taking considerable time, more than was previously thought by the team.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

No more of my money do they get - accused me of pirating my FS9 Porter, and thus refused me to re-download it after a PC crash. Seems to me t'was them stole from ME!

>>Now released!>>Each version is sold separately for $27.95 (download) and $32.95 (CD-ROM). If you are a license owner of any version 2.0 Porter model you are entitled to a discount on any other version, making its price $18.50 ($23.00 CD-ROM). If you order all three at once you are eligible for a special bundle package price of $59.95 (download) and $65.00 (CD-ROM). Just select Purchase for the version you want today and the help screens will guide you to the correct item and price. Whoa !Did I not pay about $30 US for all three models when it was originally released for FS9??? Seems like a significant restructuring of their prices.Think I'll pass.cheersGreghttp://www.fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Guest SteveS_FSD

Dillon is actually quite right when he says getting everything to both work right and look good in FSX is generally taking longer than we thought it would. We actually have been working quite hard to get a lot of existing projects finished in FSX standard and debugged. Some odd bugs have appeared that we haven't been able to nail down, as wellas a few isolated ones just a copuple of people have reported that we can't reproduce. Some commitments - like finishing the C337 "free FSX version to existing users" - have far exceeded our expectations as to how much redesign has been needed and they've taken far more time than we ever imagined. Work on new projects (Saratoga, JetStarII, MU2 & Hawker 700) has been on hold for quite some time until these legacies can be tied off.Making available the additional liveries we promised to do is something we have not delivered on, and as Jim has already done, I too apologise for the delays in releasing these files. We eliminated one popular Seneca livery from the base installer out of concerns for the increasing file size. IMO the widespread disappointment at not getting hold of that livery outweighed those (nonetheless legitimate) concerns. When I downloaded a new Beaver earlier today that weighed in at a whopping 233Mb, the prospect of adding less than 10Mb to the Seneca installer seemed to me to be a quite unnecessary concern.The only additional packaged,FSX specific livery installer for the new Seneca that we can offer users today is the new high definition Blue-Gray N22D which we assembled for a pilot safety training project AOPA are working on : http://www.fsd-international.com/temp/misc/svrepaintv2.jpgThe installer for that, whilst our Repaint Hangar html has not gaught up with it's availability, is available to current Seneca version 2 users here.....Regards,http://www.fsd-international.com/team/Steve_signature.gif

>No more of my money do they get - accused me of pirating my>FS9 Porter, and thus refused me to re-download it after a PC>crash. Seems to me t'was them stole from ME!I haven't purchased anything from then and don't intend to.Why, because they are to snotty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!