Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Hype Performance Group Announce Payware Airbus H145

I think the accusations here are ridiculous in a word. The Hype guys have done their time and given a solid effort on a free ware project that is commonly acknowledged to be beyond reproach. 

If they want to protect the inroads they have made in adapting their helicopter physics to the MSFS global flight model that would be a standard position by any measure. 

No one is being forced to buy anything, and the price is not out of line with any quality flight sim aircraft for MSFS or 'equal' and I think that based on the commitment we've seen to their H135 project there is solid reason to believe 

this will be a properly supported product after the sale. Who can honestly say otherwise?  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MediaHypeTrain said:

Despite over 220K downloads of the H135 

Since you guys know demand is extremely high and that flight simmers are cheap, why not consider a price of 9.99 USD for pledge/early access ...with incremental price increases as you get closer to final product?  That way people are rewarded for being early adopters (and the intial price is reasonable - additionally I'd bet you'd sell more at 9.99 vs 42.99).

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I appreciate the post by @MediaHypeTrain

The reason for the "stiff" reaction to this is the history of the flight simming market. It always been been a honeypot. No other genre of game, or simulator has a marketplace like flight simming does. The closest in line is possibly trainsimming but to a MUCH lesser extent.

As you know the market has a history of blackeyes from profiteers looking to cash it and cash out. From taking your money and running, no product support, vague details while over promising everything and end up with a broken unsupport product, developers installing malware in their installers, and heck even just recently the CS debacle. The list goes on and on and on of people coming along and taking advantage of peoples kindness. Heck on the FlightSim Subreddit as we speak is a discussion making allegations a flight sim addon he bought having malware in the installer.

So when a new developer comes along and wants $43 for a fundraiser for their sophomore aircrraft after only releasing a single freeware aircraft. For a lot of us. It's throws up RED FLAGS instantly. It's a reflex. We are not saying you are doing any of those things but a lot of simmers sort of sleep with one eye open because we all know how lucrative the market is and have seen so many shady things go down over time to make that sweet flight sim money. 

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

mediahypetrain,

welcome to avsim, home of drama.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

2 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

mediahypetrain,

Perhaps..

However I'd say it's quite dramatic to ask 43 USD for a pledge and later get a product that's still in beta.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

18 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

mediahypetrain,

Some of these Avsim members remind me of an old ladies club. They are not happy unless they are whining about something. 

• Like 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Amazing that a new developer gets blasted after just delivering a free 1st heli in MSFS that is alot of fun to fly.  Been with the project since it first got released all the way thru 1.1 release.  Frequent quality updates.  Yesterday was an awesome group flight in Rio with so many other helis in the sky. Now a new even better model is on the way, and it gets ransacked before it has a reputation.  Wow thats encouraging developers for MSFS.   Downright discouraging.   I agree the price point is not particularly favorable, but how do you know that the quality will not be near or equal to that of the AS CRJ?   Its certainly not some mock up from another aircraft with a skin over it.   If you dont like the early access payment, then dont buy it.  This is not blackbox simulations (where I got burned with the A330 early access), or a CS fiasco.  I dont see any intentions of those reputations whatsoever.  Before the accusations come flying, lets come back down to earth , take a breather, and see what happens.  We should be all in this together, not pit one another against each other. 

• Like 3

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Honestly, I think that there is nothing bad about asking money for the work you do and, also, no one is forced to buy or not the Helli. In the last weeks, I seen many people enthousiasts about the H135,
tons of downloads, tons of paint for it, etc. I guess that means a lot of people enjoyed the H135. But when this developper who, I remind that, offered a product for 0 cent, asks money for a new Helli,
the enthousiasm is... gone? This developper or team of developers have also a life, maybe childs, well all these things that need money and they can not asking money for multiples hours of their work?
That's not correct, I think. Everyone deserve to be paid for its work. The point about the fact it will be, or not, an aircraft with a top realist flying model and etc, don't means a work don't have to be paid.
In fact it's pretty simple, you buy or you don't buy, you have the choise, but let them the possibility to try to sell what they do. Just one thing, the price is maybe a little too high.

• Like 1

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

@MediaHypeTrain, Steve and the rest of youse guys - keep it up and don't lose heart. I've not been active on avsim for a huge length of time but one thing I have quickly learnt is that a lot of folks here seem to enjoy a good moan.

I've been following the H135 for a while, and I would say it is what I use about 90% of the time in the sim. I think it is absolute magic and it's made the sim for me. I know squat about flying anything for real so I'm not going to get into any discussion about flight models etc, but for me in the sim it's the perfect way to explore the scenery. I'm not here to fly, I'm here to see the world (I must admit to a taste for winding up the purists <grin>). I can just about handle it reasonably ok now, and it looks wonderful.

As for the H145, everybody has a choice to go with their opinion. When I saw it announced I bought in immediately. As far as price goes, I don't usually like to pay more than maybe 30 gbp for a vehicle of any kind. I have done so in the past and no doubt will do so again but there's no way I'd ever pay PMDG prices for anything. Like I said, I'm not here to push buttons. But it looks good, and I consider supporting it at this stage gives you guys some small level of feedback and support for the work done so far.

And as to the argument about what MS/Asobo may or may not do in a year or two's time, you can't live life that way. For all we know Putin or somebody similar may have plans that pre-empt even Asobo!

Hey, I might drop dead before I even finish thi

• Like 4

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

I would pay 20 US Dollars, but not the price they are asking.  Thats a bit steep.  Once again when the entire program costs 59.00 for basic version with several planes,  and then adds on several other planes when you double that price to premium version.    

Change the price to 20, and I am in, otherwise, Join the growing list of high priced planes that are out and soon to be out, I will not have.

I got burned on the CRJ, that can’t even do ILS landings worth a darn,  The F15 was terrible, till the community really started helping Dean create a better product, and its still not worth the selling price to me.  I never fly it anymore..

I guess for a really nice VR experience, at about the same cost, Ill fly the 135 in the Aerofly 2.  It is so much clearer in VR, its like having glasses on,  all their planes are better in VR,  not the same as having multiplayer, or the big maps, but If you want to fly a cool helicopter, they have the R22 as well.  Its just a bit more for the entire program than what the Hype guys just priced at.

Edited by karlz

On 5/29/2021 at 10:45 AM, MediaHypeTrain said:

Hi everyone! Steve here from Hype Performance Group here 😀

In a way, I don't think that you needed to explain, but I understand why you did.

Some people get it (the hard work behind the freeware, the move to payware), and some people won't.

When i first saw the reaction to the Heli, the number of downloads, I thought to myself..."they should go payware as this develops". It is as simple as that. It's a good product, you should be compensated (how you see fit) like any other aircraft developer.

Happy Friday!

With our Airbus H145 in full development we’ve started a weekly update series to keep the community informed of our progress.

This week’s video focuses on modeling work and the incredible detail that Tony and Guillaume are putting into each of the H145’s variants. We hope you enjoy this behind the scenes peek and we can’t wait to share additional details and footage with you all.

5 (2)

Detail_5

Detail_6

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

So much for addressing your over inflated price tag or the publics concerns, but hey.. Keep that promotion train rolling

This is nothing but an artwork demo. Start talking flight models, flight features and dynamics

Edited by styckx
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

7 minutes ago, styckx said:

So much for addressing your over inflated price tag or the publics concerns, but hey.. Keep that promotion train rolling

So much for being able to find ANYTHING positive to say but immediately jumping on them for actually showing progress and committing to regular updates because they didn't address YOUR concerns.  Don't assume the public agrees with you or your approach.  

There are two types of people, those that will find a solution to any problem and those that will find a problem with any solution.

• Like 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg