Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Hype Performance Group Announce Payware Airbus H145

5 minutes ago, psolk said:

So much for being able to find ANYTHING positive to say but immediately jumping on them for actually showing progress and committing to regular updates because they didn't address YOUR concerns.  Don't assume the public agrees with you or your approach.  

There are two types of people, those that will find a solution to any problem and those that will find a problem with any solution.

They want $43 retail up front before a product is even release.

I want reasons why they think it's warranted that price.  

Screenshots of a 3D model isn't doing it for me. 

Soon as you put a price tag on anything your job is to sell me.  So far, they aren't selling me. Pretty pictures  are just that 

Edited by styckx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I for one will be supporting these folks and purchasing the Early Access. I have waited a long time for a HQ Modern Heli is MSFS, they are being more transparent and honest than most sim developers out of the gate.  The screenshots and renderings so far look leaps and bounds better than the H135.  Also since when did $40 become an astronomical price? I dont have a problem with it. Im not saying I will but, I have been burned for way more than $40.  It costs me $90 to fill my truck, I spend $150 on a nice dinner for 2.  Have you been paying attention to the cost of living and inflation going on, its affecting everything from wood to payware developers.

Edited by Ryanmlt1

I fly mostly GA and Business jets around ORBX PNW | Im live near Boston so I also will fly in MA and ME |  KLEW- 3B1- KBED 

Also avid RC Pilot, Planes and Heli | Ride a Harley's and Snowmobiles! 

PC Setup: Intel i7 8700k | MD Z370 | MSA GTX1080 | H100 liquid Cooling | 250G SSD | PS RM750 | NZXT S340 Case | Windows 10 | AOC 27" 4K | P3D V4.5 | Saitek Yoke | Saitek Rudder pedals | Saitek Throttle Quad| Lots of Addons| 

29 minutes ago, Ryanmlt1 said:

Also since when did $40 become an astronomical price? 

It's not at all...for a finished product.  They want 40+ bucks for a pledge, not even a beta release.  I'll consider it when it's finished.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

13 hours ago, Ryanmlt1 said:

I for one will be supporting these folks and purchasing the Early Access. I have waited a long time for a HQ Modern Heli is MSFS, they are being more transparent and honest than most sim developers out of the gate.  The screenshots and renderings so far look leaps and bounds better than the H135.  Also since when did $40 become an astronomical price? I dont have a problem with it. Im not saying I will but, I have been burned for way more than $40.  It costs me $90 to fill my truck, I spend $150 on a nice dinner for 2.  Have you been paying attention to the cost of living and inflation going on, its affecting everything from wood to payware developers.

Think 40 is expensive, when the entire game is 59, with lots of aircraft to pick from.   But I agree, they would do much better at a lower price point.  

If they sold this thing for 20 dollars, they would have a lot more people on board…

On 6/4/2021 at 3:34 PM, psolk said:

There are two types of people, those that will find a solution to any problem and those that will find a problem with any solution.

There are "those" 2 types of people for sure.

But I feel the more relevant 2 types of people here are:

• Those who'll blindly throw money at pretty pictures and promises
  • Those who probably did that once or twice in their flightsim career (CS, BBS, etc), and are now staunch "SHOW ME a fully working product before you get a penny from me"

While I enjoy progress updates, I'm with @styckx in my opinion that while the model previews are nice and appreciated, we can all relate to the fact that a nice model does not an entire aircraft make....even if it is pretty and slapped on the back of the default 747-8 and sold for $30.🙄   Sadly....many simmers either willingly or unwittingly fell for that, and there are numerous threads in that developer's forums that indicate there were far more "unwittingly" buyers who are now in shock that they just paid a nonrefundable $30 for a pretty shell when they "thought" they were getting a whole airplane.

Of course, there is always cordialness and decorum when a dev posts previews, but regardless of the format used to communicate one's feelings on a project, in our minds we know what type of person we're going to be when asked to contribute to a "Prolouge", "Preview", "Early Access", "Pre-Beta promotion", or whatever marketing phrase a dev uses to entice folks to pay for a promise instead of a fully developed, tested product on release day.

Its a sad state of affairs' that @HypePerformanceGroup has been indoctrinated into based on the past horrible behavior of shady devs that have preceded their era. It is nothing against you guys....its just a conditioned response from those who've been burned in the past, and we're all a little wiser, and sadly have to be weary of any group asking for money up front. 

I'm confident your product will be amazing, and you'll get my CC info a week or so after the release, if the day-one buyers love it and reply in kind here. 😉 

• Like 6

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Looking very good so far! Im not disappointed with my decision to get early access.  

image0.jpg?width=1083&height=609

• Like 3

I fly mostly GA and Business jets around ORBX PNW | Im live near Boston so I also will fly in MA and ME |  KLEW- 3B1- KBED 

Also avid RC Pilot, Planes and Heli | Ride a Harley's and Snowmobiles! 

PC Setup: Intel i7 8700k | MD Z370 | MSA GTX1080 | H100 liquid Cooling | 250G SSD | PS RM750 | NZXT S340 Case | Windows 10 | AOC 27" 4K | P3D V4.5 | Saitek Yoke | Saitek Rudder pedals | Saitek Throttle Quad| Lots of Addons| 

I hate rendering photos  used as examples. I've seen a million and a half rendering snapshots that look like real life. As if you could smell the screenshot it's so real. Once they make it to the game. It's pretty much the same quality you'd expect from any other developer give or take but it never looks like the actual render. 

Listen. As far as modelling goes. Not even Carenado.. Disagree with his flight models but they are easily the pinnacle of modelling and HQ textures and not even their in game cockpits resemble these 3D renders..   Still skeptical. Still marketing with nothing tangible.  

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

You guys have been asking to see our Airbus H145 inside Microsoft Flight Simulator! Well here’s a sneak peek of it from tomorrow’s update video!

Subscribe to our YouTube channel to catch all of our future update videos and more!

0579a072fafe652ac46747a53462ba0e9bc7240e

• Like 2

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

1 hour ago, HPG said:

You guys have been asking to see our Airbus H145 inside Microsoft Flight Simulator! Well here’s a sneak peek 

Modeling and textures looks a lot better than your freeware offering.  Consider me more interested.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

26 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Modeling and textures looks a lot better than your freeware offering.  Consider me more interested.

Thank you! We can't stress enough how much time and effort is going into this production. We have amazing reference material and our art team members are perfectionists, I think that's a winning combo 😉

Edited by HPG
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, HPG said:

Thank you! We can't stress enough how much time and effort is going into this production. We have amazing reference material and our art team members are perfectionists, I think that's a winning combo 😉

I'm in...  Based on how much I enjoy the only other payware heli offering, the -6 cost and wanting to support this group in what looks to be a winning effort I think $43 ( I realize it's pre-release, I've supported some great kick-starter campaigns including my Iris yoke) is a perfect price point for the amount of enjoyment I'm probably going to get out of this.  

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

53 minutes ago, psolk said:

I'm in...  Based on how much I enjoy the only other payware heli offering, the -6 cost and wanting to support this group in what looks to be a winning effort I think $43 ( I realize it's pre-release, I've supported some great kick-starter campaigns including my Iris yoke) is a perfect price point for the amount of enjoyment I'm probably going to get out of this.  

Thank you for the kind remarks! We really hope we can make many more happy pilots like yourself!

Happy Friday everyone! 

Airbus H145 - Development Update # 4 is out now on YouTube! 

You can finally see the H145 in sim, but more importantly at the tail end of the video is 6 minutes of the avionics during a flight so you guys can see the improvements made there!

a51803409e39c6b9b162b27a0ca79e6b4f1d409b

a0aef2c510e165934519796dd8e22bcf0a2b20f67b14bffdf1fd71dc5d8dba13dd57cf9ee2247fbcca6e8968f025b8506bc3379f1b71e4785fc354620579a072fafe652ac46747a53462ba0e9bc7240e

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Happy Friday everybody!

Tony, GB & Dave have provided some incredible content for this week's update video and it is honestly my favorite one yet!

Please watch it, leave it a comment and give the video a thumbs up! It would be truly appreciated if you shared it on your favorite social media platforms and with your friends!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ckqf_ZGj0c

As always, here's a few of my favorite shots from this week's video:

696ee5eda3e15494aa56db3d6bb256c45f76baa0

a3935fe185ca1b2e3249538a00e32255ded5cee6

36236c72128baee2c07d57252587f6d7ac390c67

51904d168a42fbefaa8ac47a52690c6a8faea624

3ab3a181d60e9d3e11a9ac80ef098b3970afe8dd

02fef4e7a5523f3cf8ca453b660a7597f68a1d76

df25700780582b2b82581440d2d5c52fed382a4d

Edited by HPG
  • Like 6

On 5/28/2021 at 8:28 PM, IcemanFBW said:

stating "With being only 1 of 2 helicopters available for the sim some of our development tricks are obviously valuable and for that reason we can’t make our project open source."

It's a misconception to think that if you have something unique you struck gold.

And if you're so shure that you have something special you better make your own investment and not "crowd fund"

Edited by hansb57
  • Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD