Sign in to follow this  

Adjustment of the Rudder followup Card does not work from the 2D-panel (Shift-4), but it works from the VC. Aileron and Elevator adjustments also work from the 2D-panel.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Are you sure the DG wasn't caged? It definately works from both the 2D and VC here; my tester has confirmed that too.

I will double check.

If it was caged wouldn't it be stuck at all?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Hello Karl

You're right - under some circumstances the 2D rudder follow-up doesn't work. I don't know why yet because it's intermittant, but at least I do know that it does happen.

-Dai

[Edit]. Right. It's recognisable by its symptoms - if you load a scenario and the directional gyro shows zero, then you click the cage/uncage knob so that the DG sets correctly,  the 2D rudder follow-up won't set at all. Use ctrl+; to reload the scenario and it should break out of the problem. I wrote my own direction gyro class so that I could have any number of directional gyros that all drifted at different rates; best-guess at the moment says that the sim is intermittantly not loading the Sperry DG class correctly. I'm going to note this as a 'known problem' in the manual just in case I can't find the root cause.

Edited by dragonflightdesign
  • Upvote 1