Sign in to follow this  
KevyKevTPA

Adding photos to posts

I'm trying to post a pic of my MSFS Aircraft Database, but I can't figure out what URLs are acceptable to the "Insert Image" button.  I tried imgur and facebook, both times the box turned red and basically said "Nope, your link is no good here" lol....

So, can someone point me to a hosting server where I can post my pic that the forum software will accept?  Thank you in advance!

Hi there,

Imgur works just fine, see the image below that's being hosted at Imgur.

All you have to do is upload your image to Imgur, once it's uploaded right-click on the image and then left-click on "Copy image address".

Once that's done, you can simply paste the copied image URL directly into the text area here and it will be shown automatically.

Cheers,

Jerome

R3VCcV7.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jzimmermann said:

Imgur works just fine, see the image below that's being hosted at Imgur.

Thanks a lot, I'll see if I can make that work.

That picture is f-ing amazing!  I spent almost a decade living in NYC, and I called that Statue "my green girlfriend"!  I have a lot of friends still there, and from what I hear, de Blasio and Cuomo have just destroyed the place, they're saying it's returned to when it was a horrible unsafe place to go like in the 70s and 80s.  Makes me even more glad I left, and that I did my time there during the "good old days" of the early 21st Century, after the 70s and 80s where it was a spithole (with h substituted for p), after 9/11, and before it went back to a spithole in the late 20-teens and 2020s.

I guess I had good timing, even though the cost of living was absolutely insane even during the "good old days".  Try $15 tolls to go across a bridge.

On 5/28/2021 at 9:25 PM, KevyKevTPA said:

Makes me even more glad I left, and that I did my time there during the "good old days" of the early 21st Century, after the 70s and 80s where it was a spithole (with h substituted for p), after 9/11, and before it went back to a spithole in the late 20-teens and 2020s.

In the mid 90s I went to a photography convention at Javits Center.  We stayed at some downtown hotel not too far from Times Square.  I don't want to disparage someone's city or town but I'll never go back.  Three days was enough to last a lifetime.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

When you take a screenshot of the aircraft database, save it as a .png file or .jpg file. Those are the file types which forums like this allow the "insert image" box to work.

Anything you see on your computer can be saved with a great screensaver like snagit (payware), or one of the freeware utilities. It doesn't have to be something you see in an internet browser, you can capture anything anywhere that you see on your computer monitor.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

ShareX is totally free and will do everything one could possibly want!

For example:

HLri6.png

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Good to see some more tips on adding photos, I remember sometimes I was waiting for what seemed like an eternity for the pic to load, I was obviously doing something wrong.

I spent a lot of time in NYC in the 80s and 90s, definitely a lot of craziness, definitely its own unique smell of garbage and a background noise, sort of like an echo.

I remember people saying if someone walks into a saloon in some tiny town out in the desert, population 100, and shoots a few people, that place will be off the charts, the murder capital, but NY with around 8 million is actually quite safe, statistically speaking. Personally I'd move back there in a heartbeat. I love it. I think it's not the kind of place most people remain indifferent towards, either love or hate, thrilled, excited, disgusted...all the emotions. A lot of other places around the world are more like, oh this place is kind of nice, sort of quaint, not too bad.