Sign in to follow this  
krishwashere

FSX TNCM Texture Issue

Hi folks, I've been flying in FSX for quite a while and went back and flew to TNCM. I saw the airport and was really confused because this is the texture that came up when I landed. I've added a number of textures in the past but none of them relate to TNCM. I tried using another scenery for the airport to see if it fixed the issue but nothing happened. Does anyone know how to solve this?

yvkTDt2.jpg

Is this the default scenery for TNCM or did you install an addon of some type for that area?  Welcome to the AVSIM forums! 😀

Maybe a terrain mesh or ORBX product causing this?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Do you have some orbx sceneries installed?  I have seen this type of issues at non-Orbx airports in the past and needed to run a tool available on the Orbx website.  Do not recall much more.  My recall is a bit aged.  I built a new system last August in prep for MSFS, later installed FSX SE, but did not to this point in time reinstall any Orbx other than their global freeware airports.

Did a quick web search and came up with this.  At least try it.  What do you have to lose?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9dSXjqw7iY&ab_channel=FlightSimProductions

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

11 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Do you have some orbx sceneries installed?  I have seen this type of issues at non-Orbx airports in the past and needed to run a tool available on the Orbx website.  Do not recall much more.  My recall is a bit aged.  I built a new system last August in prep for MSFS, later installed FSX SE, but did not to this point in time reinstall any Orbx other than their global freeware airports.

Did a quick web search and came up with this.  At least try it.  What do you have to lose?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9dSXjqw7iY&ab_channel=FlightSimProductions

Do I just go to their site and download the tool then? I'll try it out and maybe it will work but I don't think the one I downloaded was orbx tncm.

I fixed the issue kind after a little more playing around. I realised that I just had to search up tncm in my fsx and found a couple of old texture files that hadn't been removed. I deleted them all and the game textures are working fine again!

• Like 2