Sign in to follow this  
KKLEE

Fulcrum Yoke One pitch axis sensitivity setting for MSFS

Hi,
I received my yoke 2 days ago and have joined the happy family of Fulcrum Yoke One users.
The feel and build are both excellent.
I can now roll very precisely, which was not possible with my 10 year-old Saitek yoke.

Would like to have some suggestion for adjusting the pitch axis sensitivity.

Now, as I perform a flare, I need to pull the yoke almost all the way back.
Is it normal or realistic? It takes a lot of  effort to hold the yoke at that position as pitch axis is quite stiff at the extreme positions.

I set the sensitivity to almost "linear".  Should I increase or decrease the pitch axis' sensitivity?

Many thanks.
KK

Edited by KKLEE
  • Like 1

12700K@5.1Ghz, ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4, Noctua NH-U12S, G.SKILL 32GB Kit F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC Trident Z Neo RGB DDR4 3600MHz, SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD 1TB, Gigabyte RTX 1080 Ti, Cooler Master V750 Gold 750W PSU, Win10 Pro, Dell 24" 2408WFP 1920x1200 30 frames vSync to 60Hz, Fulcrum One Yoke,  MFG Crosswind V2 rudder pedal, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Multi Panel, DIY Cessna 172 Radio stack (via Arduino/MobiFlight), Air manager V4 on 10" 1920x1080 monitor

Hi KK

It depends what you are flying but most general aviation aircraft will require the yoke to be all the way back. The aim is to hold it off until you are almost stalling as the gear touches down. The difference with our yoke is that is a lot more travel than previous yokes. A great comment from Scott from A2A simulations when he tried it was that he loved how much you had to pull it back, "Right in the gut just like in the real one!".

There is a guide to the recommended settings and sensitivity on our support page. Due to some odd hidden curves in MSFS you need to adjust the roll sensitivity to get a true 1:1 match between the screen yoke and the physical yoke but not with the pitch.

Chris

Edited by tutmeister

Chris

Can you adjust the sensitives so that you do not need so much pitch travel? Thanks.

Out of interest, what aircraft are you both using in MSFS?

John, although we recommend a linear sensitivity you could change the Y axis + and - sensitivity to around 50%. This means you will not have to pull the yoke all the way out to get most of the pitch travel in the sim. It does mean though that you are not experiencing the improved control you get by having to use the full pitch range.
Happy to comment on particular aircraft.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I fly C172 most of the time.  I will try to increase the sensitivity to 10% or 20% and report back.

Many thanks,
KK

12700K@5.1Ghz, ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4, Noctua NH-U12S, G.SKILL 32GB Kit F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC Trident Z Neo RGB DDR4 3600MHz, SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD 1TB, Gigabyte RTX 1080 Ti, Cooler Master V750 Gold 750W PSU, Win10 Pro, Dell 24" 2408WFP 1920x1200 30 frames vSync to 60Hz, Fulcrum One Yoke,  MFG Crosswind V2 rudder pedal, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Multi Panel, DIY Cessna 172 Radio stack (via Arduino/MobiFlight), Air manager V4 on 10" 1920x1080 monitor

On 5/29/2021 at 10:07 PM, johnbla said:

Primarily Blackbox BN2 and Carenado PA44 Seminole. Thanks, John.

Chris, do you have any comment on these as per above? Thanks, John.

6 hours ago, johnbla said:

Chris, do you have any comment on these as per above? Thanks, John.

Hi John

Unfortunately not as I do not have either of those. I was looking to pick up the Islander but I have just not had chance yet. I will let you know when I have trie dit though. Have you had any luck with the settings yet?

The sensitivity settings are personal, set them as you prefer, you have all the options in the game to accomplish what's best suited for you if you don't like standard settings, I use different settings for all aircraft except the JF Arrow, that is the only aircraft that got it right with linear sensitivity settings.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

On 5/29/2021 at 11:09 AM, KKLEE said:

Now, as I perform a flare, I need to pull the yoke almost all the way back.
Is it normal or realistic? It takes a lot of  effort to hold the yoke at that position as pitch axis is quite stiff at the extreme positions.

When doing my initial training in a C172 my instructor got very irate if the yoke wasn't fully extended and pretty much in my chest at flare.

Not all aircraft are like that but basic GA aircraft do tend that way.