Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

A1R Ryan ST-A Special

8 hours ago, stefaandk said:

Not into aerobatics myself and I don't enjoy planes like the Extra 330 myself, way too sensitive for my flying enjoyment.  So if it's in that vein it's probably not for me, but if it's more like a spitfire or corsair which you can still throw around but still fun for some cross country flying as well then yeah maybe.  Not sure if those 2 birds are the best comparison per se but my use would be for hopping between GA fields.

It was mainly a military trainer. Out of the 1500-odd which were built 80% of the production was made during WW2, the largest customers being the US armed services. 

Now I wonder how does it feel to transition from 150 HP Ryan to a 2000 HP Double Wasp Corsair  😄 ?

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

the Menasco inline engines were not powerful enough for more than introductory aerobatics. This aircraft was based on the primary trainer Ryan Recruit.

Aileron rolls, spins (of no more than 3 revolutions), maybe a loop with a shallow dive for the energy needed - but this is no fighter plane. It's a beautiful day flier, cruiser. 

I have it and love it. I didn't know who this developer was until yesterday when I bought the STA - The model itself is almost flawless. For the price it is an excellent value. 

MAU5LQZ.jpg

x0rttce.jpg

16 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

It was mainly a military trainer. Out of the 1500-odd which were built 80% of the production was made during WW2, the largest customers being the US armed services. 

Now I wonder how does it feel to transition from 150 HP Ryan to a 2000 HP Double Wasp Corsair  😄 ?

I'd be wondering what happened to the training I was supposed to get in between those two with the 450HP P&W Single Wasp T-6 / SNJ.  😉

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

12 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

no one went from a primary trainer (PT) to a Corsair - the AT-6 (advanced trainer) Texan was usually the last transition - at some airfields a handful of the surplus or unsold P-39's and P-40's were used to familiarize graduates of the T-6 with more powerful aircraft characteristics before the pilots were assigned and sent to war. My dad had about 40 hrs in the P-39 Aircobra after he trained on the T-6..

• Like 2

Bought this today and for a slow and low its wonderfull.

NOTE: COG is way out you need to set it before flight 23.23% does it nicely.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

i admit that leather is so good it really annoyed me lol. So i went back and remade mine on my side project 😄

unknown.png

Looks good. I almost can smell it.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

I would tone down the gloss/shine.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I just bought it I really like it.

I fly the ST-A as a model airplane (95" wing span). That's why this was an instant buy for me. I didn't regret it. Here is a picture of my "IRL" model Ryan:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m144d3xjb7yp3jy/ST-A.jpg?dl=0

The real one had 125 HP, my model Ryan has 4 HP (electic motor).

Karl

• Upvote 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

6 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

i admit that leather is so good it really annoyed me lol. So i went back and remade mine on my side project 😄

unknown.png

Wow! A Nieuport Scout - Smart!  I knows me aircraft recognition! :biggrin:

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Wow! A Nieuport Scout - Smart!  I knows me aircraft recognition! :biggrin:

Shhhh 🙂

• Like 2