Sign in to follow this  
Mace

AI traffic at uncontrolled airports?

Guest BobKK

Does FS X have AI Traffic at uncontrolled fields? I just landed at a non-towered airport (KDDC) and I saw no other A/C, even though I have Gen. Aviation traffic density set to 75 percent.If I recall correctly, FS9 allowed AI A/C to fly to uncontrolled airports. Does FS X have this feature, or if not, is there a way to add AI traffic at non-towered airports? Thanks.Bob

FSX *does* allow AI traffic at non-controlled airports.In fact last night I was designing some AI into a remote airstrip in Nicaragua, and got it working fine.Instead of asking for clearance, at a non-controlled airport, the AI a/c pause briefly, then begin taxiing or taking off with no problems.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest BobKK

OK thanks both for the info.Rhett, to follow up, does FS X have default AI traffic at uncontrolled airports or only via add-ons?I think FS 9 had default AI planes at non-towered fields but i could be mistaken on this.Bob

The default trafficAircraft.bgl in the world scenery folder of FSX does have GA and some Airliner type Jets flying into airports that would be considered uncontrolled.A uncontrolled airport is not the prerequisite for AI Traffic in FSX. First and foremost is that there must be a parking spot large enough to accept the one half wing span value of the AI Plane.If no parking spot is available at a airport by default in FSX regardless of whether it is controlled or uncontrolled then no AI Plane will exsit. The FSX TrafficDatabase compiler that FSX used (unlike TTools) will not compile a FP for any given type plane if no parking spot is available at either end of the route. The compiler simply throws out the FP.

Hey Jim, have you by any chance looked into producing a KMSP file for FSX yet? (to include the new usage of runway 17/35) etc?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes, it is on my list.Two versions of FSX KATL, KJAX, several smaller Canada airports and several ILS fixes are in the library now and are 100 percent FSX compliant. Search on Jim Vile or Active ILS.I am working on a new FSX KMIA and a updated version of FS9 KATL (by request). My KMIA is coded for the A380 at Concouse J along with 15 new animated Jetways. There is no airport in the FSX database that will accept the new A380 AI Plane because the largest default FSX GATE parking radius is only 36M in size. The A380 requires a parking spot radius larger then 40M in size. When those 2 are completed then comes PAJN (AI mountain Approach issues), KMSP and KSTL.

>OK thanks both for the info.>>Rhett, to follow up, does FS X have default AI traffic at>uncontrolled airports or only via add-ons?>Jim is right on when he says that if the airport does not have any parking spots, then it won't have any AI.This is exactly like it was in FS2004.In my case, in the remote airstrip in Nicaragua, (San Carlos, MNSC) by default has no parking. I have added some parking spots using AFCAD, and now AI can use that airstrip.>I think FS 9 had default AI planes at non-towered fields but i>could be mistaken on this.>Yes they will, but only if the airport has parking.It's the same in FSX.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

I have created some Northwest Airlines schedules into KMSP. I have about 150 operations/day going into and out of KMSP so far.I would say the schedule is about 75% complete. I have used real world schedule data to make it.I did not create the new runway however.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett