Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Flight Planning FS2020 P2ATC

What is the best way to do flight planning?  
I created the route in FS2020. Low altitude IFR. 
I select the Flight Plan from SimBrief and get it loaded into P2ATC.  I add a SID and STAR to the flight plan. But now the problem is how to get the GPS updated in FS2020 with the P2ATC flight plan?

In the sample video, using Sim Brief, the person removed the SID and STAR and loaded the route, then added the SID and STAR via P2ATC.  

With this scenario, how do you track your route as the FS2020 flight plan and P2ATC flight plan are not the same.    I am also thinking about purchasing the latest NavGraph data. You would download for FS2020 and P2ATC?

Thanks!

After you export the plan from P2A, you open the "World" / Flt Plan page of FS2020.

At the bottom is a Load button.  You press that and then navigate to the exported .pln file and import it into FS2020.  If you have the same AIRAC cycle level in P2A and FS2020, the plans should match exactly.

Dave

I followed those directions. When I loaded the flight plan into FS 2020 it did not put me at the gate.  It placed me on the active runway. Can you add the gate into the exported PILOT2ATC flight plan? And then import into FS 2020.  Or is the best we can do at this point?

This might be a how to load the flight plan from the in flight user interface. I want to remain at that gate. 

Quick update:

I tried to load the PILOT2ATC exported flight plan.  Under where you select the gates, it displays a  Depatuures Direct.  In the drop down list it displays KODI7 08, 11,19,01. 

Thanks!

I've always had to select the gate manually in the drop down in MSFS, doesn't seem to accept it from the flight plan.

Personally I use LNM to make the route then import it into P2A.....

G

Edited by Gazzareth

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Would I be right in saying you have to be in the cockpit before doing a final validate and file in P2A to get any SIDS etc updated? At which point whatever plan you have in cockpit is likely out of date and needs adjusting manually to reflect the P2A change from final MSFS connected filing? Not a problem if so, I'm just trying to work out if I'm doing things an efficient order.

At the moment it's looking to me like just typing it all in manually in the cockpit (copying by eye from P2A) might be best but slower. To avoid having to tidy up any import MSFS world map load PLN weirdness.

Edited by manageablebits

The only way I know how to import the plan into MSFS is to do it on the "World" MSFS screen with the Load button.  The plan should be final at that point.  Then you have to press the FLY button and wait until you are in the cockpit to Connect to the SIM and then File the plan in P2A.

If you have the "Force Pilot Runway Selection" option checked, then you shouldn't get any changes in the plan from ATC.  However, if you don't want that option, and if you do get a change to the SID, for example, you should be able to change that manually in the Cockpit without affecting the rest of the plan.

Dave

Thanks that makes sense.

I just did a fairly simple flight from Miami to Tallahassee and found it easier and simpler to only set a starting airport/ramp in MSFS then plug in the plan in the cockpit manually looking at what P2A had. Obviously it wouldn't really be a good option if there were loads of legs, at which point I would probably look to use simbrief (then double check legs, as that links direct with working titles CJ4 I've been flying a lot).