Sign in to follow this  
JPR

Unsolicited radio contact from the co-pilot

Hello Dave   🙂

(P2A v2.6.2.2 r3b / X-Plane 11.53 / Windows 10)
When I hold down a keyboard key (not assigned in P2A) for a few seconds (e.g. the N key on my physical keyboard), the copilot automatically announces to the control centre for no reason (e.g. "centre <aircraft callsign> at flight level xxx" and the control centre announces the radar contact). This occurs after releasing the keyboard key.
I can't suppress this automatic unwanted radio contact from the copilot each time a keyboard key remains pressed for a few seconds (2 to 3 seconds for example)
I have tried disabling all keyboard shortcuts in the P2A configuration, but the problem persists.
Do you have any idea where this problem could come from?

Edited by JPR

*** Jean-Pierre *** (french user)

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

The SayIt HotKey must be set to the key you are holding down.  P2A does not just start talking.

Be sure to Clear the HotKey settings to be sure they are disabled.

There is a slim chance it's a coincidence that you press the key when the copilot is handling a center to center handoff.

Dave

The N key is not affected in P2A. It is always after a long press on the key on the keyboard. With a normal short press, there is no such problem.  
- It also does this problem with other unassigned hotkeys in P2A if I do a long press with this keys.
- I also tried deleting all the hotkeys in P2A (so there are no more assigned hotkeys in P2A): even in this case a long press on the N key (or other key) triggers the copilot radio message "centre <aircraft callsign> at flight level xxx". It is always this message that is transmitted by the copilot.

Edited by JPR

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

The only explanation I can think of is that your long key press is causing something to happen in the SIM and that is causing P2A to think a frequency change has occurred.  There is nothing in P2A code that would react to a long key press/hold down.

Dave

Ok, thank you for the answer.