Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Captain Sim Fixed bugger all. in the recent update.

captain sim - Update.

What did they fix? NOthing!

ATC Transponder?

The 4 Engine?

Nothing!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

No changelog that I could see. AND (while we're at it) their filenaming system has always been idiotic. The "update" is exactly the same filename as the original - and doesn't reflect the version/build number in any way (even in "properties"). CS really do need to get a grip.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

He's busy with getting the -300 and Freighter ready for release.

Just like he dropped the 767 development when he popped out the 737....now he's ignoring the 737 customers while he spits out models for MSFS.

Bet the MSFS 777 model line gets ignored when he moves to the other models like the 737, 757, 767.

There is no money in fixing stuff he's already released....so updates go on the back burner while he gets ready for those revenue streams.  This has been his development methodology since day one.

I asked him about the pricing for the upcoming 777s...ignored.  He doesn't want to answer because he probably hasn't decided which engine will be the most popular so he will likely try to either release it as a separate "expansion" to charge for more for it, and/or bundle it with another airframe so people will have to buy that airframe just to get the engine they want....you know like he did on the 767. 🙄

Speaking of the 767...I wonder when the Freighter and CF6 engine will be released?  I imagine its not even on the back burner anymore...moved off the stove and on to a warming plate. 🤣

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

He's busy with getting the -300 and Freighter ready for release.

Just like he dropped the 767 development when he popped out the 737....now he's ignoring the 737 customers while he spits out models for MSFS.

Bet the MSFS 777 model line gets ignored when he moves to the other models like the 737, 757, 767.

There is no money in fixing stuff he's already released....so updates go on the back burner while he gets ready for those revenue streams.  This has been his development methodology since day one.

I asked him about the pricing for the upcoming 777s...ignored.  He doesn't want to answer because he probably hasn't decided which engine will be the most popular so he will likely try to either release it as a separate "expansion" to charge for more for it, and/or bundle it with another airframe so people will have to buy that airframe just to get the engine they want....you know like he did on the 767. 🙄

Speaking of the 767...I wonder when the Freighter and CF6 engine will be released?  I imagine its not even on the back burner anymore...moved off the stove and on to a warming plate. 🤣

Totally agree - its time EVERYBODY closed the door on CS. I think the "young gamers" are still buying CS products for the eye-candy while the "serious simmers" have dropped CS a long time ago.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Manny said:

captain sim - Update.

ATC Transponder?

The 4 Engine?

Nothing!

They fixed the opening Doors problem and therefor the contact points.

Transponder is still a problem..

They never do the 4 engines eicas because they said they do not touch the Asobo Code.

This would be probibly done from a modder at some time !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Well ... I fooking give up. The initial install to a location outside my Community folder worked fine. Attempting to do the same with the update just messed things up ... with ACE getting its knickers in a complete twist.

A total uninstall then a reinstall met with the "too many activations" error ... please uninstall ... ***which is exactly what I'd just done.***

The CS 777 is a veritable P.O.S. ... don't waste your money. It's absolutely the last time I buy anything from those amateurs. I've been with CS since their initial release of the C-130, so I've always tended to give them the benefit of doubt ... but this was the last straw.

• Like 4

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Maybe it's fate that the notification email was in my SPAM folder :) 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

6 hours ago, TrevorS said:

...I think the "young gamers" are still buying CS products for the eye-candy while the "serious simmers" have dropped CS a long time ago.

I think the "serious simmers" are way too few in MSFS to have significant influence on that.

Karl

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

13 hours ago, Manny said:

captain sim - Update.

ATC Transponder?

The 4 Engine?

Nothing!

That's what you get for buying something from a word not allowed developer...

• Upvote 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

6 hours ago, TrevorS said:

I think the "young gamers" are still buying CS products for the eye-candy while the "serious simmers" have dropped CS a long time ago.

Well, looking at the posts in this thread, it seems that quite a number of "serious simmers" actually bought the CS777 ??? Or at least people that have been on AVSIM long enough to know better ...

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

1 hour ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Well, you were told. . .

But to BostonJeremey77's credit, he buys almost everything and had "ok" experiences with CS up to this point.

Yes, the abandonment of the 757 and 767 products was annoying, but in conversations with him he's relatively new and was not completely aware of CS's long history of fraud and deception....and possibly thinking CS was actually a big company and had the resources to work on multiple projects at the same time.

Anyway, he has learned what CS really is now, and will be weary of him from now on, if not abstaining completely (best choice) from this horrible developer.

This episode probably proves more than anything that CS intentionally tried to deceive the "new" community of MSFS simmers into thinking this was a "full" aircraft with it's $30 price tag as that is the going rate in MSFS for one.  They have never even heard of PMDG, FSL and weren't aware that typical prices for a complete airliner is way higher.  They just saw the fancy promo page, the great screenshots, and glazed over the "   Essential functionality paired with default 747 systems simulation   ", thinking it meant that they just used some "essential" functionality to save time and money....not actually used all the systems from the 747!  Just look in their support forums of new 1-post customers asking when CS will add more 777 systems or other functionality.  See his answer, if he doesn't ignore them.  Seems like quite a few new simmers "thought" they were actually getting a "whole" 777.

This is what I primarily speak out about....nothing to do with the plane itself...but how he marketed, sold it to the new MSFS community...and supports it (now).  Sure...he's answering some questions about it now and even making updates....mark my words...wait until the new product releases...then you'll see his actual support model!  Just ask any 757, 767, 737, heck...ask a 777 customer for his P3D product...you'll get an earful!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I've always tended to give them the benefit of doubt ... but this was the last straw

I actually started to do the same when he released the L1011....it was not that bad, good in fact if he only kept supporting it after the 777 (for FSX, the P3D) came up.  But once that released...as usual, he dropped all support and future updates like a hot rock, then eventually abandoned it.

He never ceases to amaze me how he can stay in business, after demonstrating this pattern of behavior on every release...you'd think his customer base would eventually get the hint...but sadly it seems that beautiful models (nobody including me disputes that) and fancy (useless) animations are the "PT Barnum" elixir that he peddles that somehow erases all common sense and memory of how each previous project is eventually abandoned.  I am at a loss to explain experienced simmer's behavior to insta-buy his stuff and somehow thinking this plane will be different from all the rest.

He has found the MSFS ocean of new fish....and he can't throw his nets out fast enough to cash in!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg