Sign in to follow this  
Bosco19

MSFS 2020 is really getting there!

4 minutes ago, Janov said:

Because I love talking to you guys! 🙂

This about sums it up nicely. "they'd reject me out of fear" the world will embrace msfs very soon! 

https://youtu.be/TaV595cr-eA

Edited by devgrp

6 minutes ago, Janov said:

I prefer talking to people with credible opinions.  Until you actually stump up the whole dollar it'll cost you to try MSFS and start basing your opinions on first hand experience rather than hearsay your going to be the proud first entry on my ignore list.

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Janov said:

And this is the only reason you are here. It's clearly not MSFS at all, it is the fun of annoying, and you are very good at it. I have seen this movie before, and it's tiresome. With that, I am moving on to more interesting topics.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Janov said:

PS: I never "slammed" MSFS - another case of putting words in my mouth and/or reading what one wants to read with a hostile mindset.

Tell me you have "self perception disorder" without telling me you have "self perception disorder" 🙂

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

18 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

If we all recognized those cases quickly, and in the case of repeat offenders used the magical ignore list feature in our forum software rather than continuing to argue with someone who does not seem to want to engage in good faith, these threads would have a much higher SNR.

No, I don't agree. Those who choose to ignore and refuse to read views with which they do not agree, no matter how irritating, are as prejudiced as the offender. (Outright rudeness excepted.)

3 minutes ago, cobalt said:

And this is the only reason you are here. It's clearly not MSFS at all, it is the fun of annoying, and you are very good at it. I have seen this movie before, and it's tiresome. With that, I am moving on to more interesting topics.

As he said himself..   "I find it hard to restrain myself to not push your buttons a bit"

Just a troll.  Stick him on ignore and move on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Moose said:

As he said himself..   "I find it hard to restrain myself to not push your buttons a bit"

Just a troll.  Stick him on ignore and move on.

Jan is not a troll. He has me on his ignore list. He doesn't like me. I don't agree with him. But I will defend his right to argue his case even though he doesn't like others doing likewise. But he is not a troll.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

No, I don't agree. Those who choose to ignore and refuse to read views with which they do not agree, no matter how irritating, are as prejudiced as the offender. (Outright rudeness excepted.)

You are basically right. I also like discourse. But in this particular case we have someone who clearly is not interested in MSFS, only wants to push his agenda and repeats the same stuff over and over again. It's the same argument since a year. "... but if you are a real aviation enthusiast go buy XP".

Got it. Will probably try out XP12, as I am open-minded, unlike some others. 😉

That's it from my side derailing this topic.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

4 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

In my case It's nothing to do with refusing to read views that i disagree with...quite the contrary, especially when the views are based on experience and facts.

This guy is simply trolling though.  All his MSFS opinions are based on other peoples opinions.  I'll happily listen to anything he has to say on the subject when its based on experience.  For the time being he's just clogging up threads i want to read with nothing but conjecture,which is a waste of everyone's time.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Those who choose to ignore and refuse to read views with which they do not agree, no matter how irritating, are as prejudiced as the offender.

I think folks who examine my comment history on this forum will recognize that I love, shall we say, passionate exchanges of different perspectives.  I think that trial by fire is the best way to hone ones beliefs, to solidify the ones that are true, and weed out the ones which are hollow.

Witness that I am disagreeing with you, but not blocking you.  😄

There needs to be a mutual underlying respect, though, for that to work.   If I do not believe that someone who is trying to argue with me is possible of being convinced by anything I say, or that they are coming into the discussion with the same good faith I am, I see no point in wasting the time of everyone involved in furthering debates that go nowhere.

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them."

• Like 9

XP is an old Windows version or what are you guys talking about?

Oh I  get it X-plane.  What kind of name is that for a flight sim?

Sounds like an old Sci-Fi movie.

In any case you are in the wrong forum.

Regards

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

46 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

I think that trial by fire is the best way to hone ones beliefs, to solidify the ones that are true, and weed out the ones which are hollow.

That is very true.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

On 5/30/2021 at 6:13 PM, Bosco19 said:

I used the VL3 just to have a good view.

Do you have the Vertigo version of that?  You could have popped through those clouds in less time than it took me to type this sentence!

2 hours ago, kaosfere said:

I am making this an unattributed quote because it's not about the individual.   However, thoughtful forum readers should recognize that when a person playing the contrarian role in a thread makes an off-hand comment like that, any protestations they make about having good intent should be disregarded.   The subtext in their comments has been made text, and benefit of the doubt is no longer necessary or warranted.

Exactly. Would also like to know how forum moderators keep accepting blatantly obvious trolls such as this individual...? One would think that attributing low intelligence to everyone not in his cult of choice would render you time in the sin-bin but alas.

• Like 3

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12