Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

FSX or FS9? What's the verdict

Now that I finally have FSX, for me I will still use both:- FS9 for all heavy iron work and to keep using the addons that haven't made the jump to FSX yet (fspax and heavy iron for the most part)- FSX for the missions and GA or low level VFR flying (ala DC-3) in non-city areas. Hopefully SP1 will expand this repetoire to accommodate heavy iron and city flying without choking to death like it currently would.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

In response to Geof's birdstrike post, here is a link to an F-16 bird strike that was circulating around the net a few months back. So yes, it happens:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...rd+strike&hl=enIt would be cool if ATC could add bird flocks into multiplayer games as "traffic," like they can effect weather, and then broadcast their presence to the players as a sort of 'ATIS'...just a thought!http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest wyoming

at the end of the XIXth century. Just 2 or 3 glitches to iron out and all would fall into place.

>>Oh come on...really? Good grief.....not buying that for one second. How good can the feel of flight be at 10-17 FPS....Air mass my *ss, gimme a break.<

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>It sounds like for the first time ever the majority of us>will run BOTH FS9 and FSX into the forseeable future.>Regardless of all the subjective impressions, screenshots,>framerates, and hardware debates, you have to admit that that>says something about FSX. Time will tell. >What it say's, is that FSX is capable of running a much cleaner and crisper looking picture. This applies to the ground surface, panels, and aircraft exteriors. If you actually run and use FSX, you can't help but notice a definate improvement. And it's obviously "overhead", frame rate wise! If FSX was capable of running these higher resolution graphics at FS9 speeds, then it would be a no brainer to switch totally to FSX. But it can't at this point in time, and that becomes the compromise.And that's where I am. I run FSX with some lower slider settings because I prefer the higher resolution textures. FSX is much more capable of a photo look, even in default areas, compared to the more animated cartoon look of FS9. It's a must, that I keep FSX frame rates close to 25 fps for a fluid smoothness.I now consider FS9 "compromised", because in many flight areas, it's a "blurred look" compared to what FSX can produce. Outside of third party airport sceneries for FS9, some of which I really like, btw, I usually now prefer FSX. So yes, for the forseeable future, I'll be running both.L.Adamson