Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Navigraph — Worth the Money?

14 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I will ask again, what info can you not find on EFB that would be in a chart, and be specific? It has all departures, approaches, airways, frequencies, headings, stars, sids, Rnav, that are in the sim p[lus a moving map that shows where you are .

Wel, Bob, I just mentioned one thing you cannot find - the published taxiway names and gates if they are not correct in your sim. It doesnt get its information from jeppesen or the like - it gets it from your BGL's in game. If your sim is wrong, your charts will be wrong too. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

2 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Wel, Bob, I just mentioned one thing you cannot find - the published taxiway names and gates if they are not correct in your sim. It doesnt get its information from jeppesen or the like - it gets it from your BGL's in game. If your sim is wrong, your charts will be wrong too. 

If the taxiways in the sim don't agree with your charts, how are you going to follow the taxiways??????  Cut across the grass, or over buildings?  The info in EFB is what you will see when you are in the sim. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

57 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

If the taxiways in the sim don't agree with your charts, how are you going to follow the taxiways??????  Cut across the grass, or over buildings?  The info in EFB is what you will see when you are in the sim. 

I dont know if you know this, but mostly the taxiways are placed correctly, but may have wrong names. So in sim it will be called Y but in real life (which is what you will get when you are on vatsim) it may be called K. 

"SAS794, taxi to stand 34 via K6, K, N and B". Without real charts you are kinda screwed. 

So my recommendation is that if you are not flying on vatsim/ivao or pilotedge, then use whatever you want, including Aivlasoft EFB. If you fly on those networks, however, you will need navigraph (with or without efb). 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 minute ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I dont know if you know this, but mostly the taxiways are placed correctly, but may have wrong names. So in sim it will be called Y but in real life (which is what you will get when you are on vatsim) it may be called K. 

"SAS794, taxi to stand 34 via K6, K, N and B". Without real charts you are kinda screwed. 

I haven't flown on Vatsim in over 10 years, so I don't ever run into that. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 6/1/2021 at 11:50 AM, jarmstro said:

And separate downloads for the CRJ which are hard to find are not really acceptable imo. Everything that needs to be updated should be updated with one click.

The CRJ is now included in the latest beta version 1.33 (now called Navigraph Navdata Center), just one click and its database is updated.

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/navigraph-navdata-beta/133

11 hours ago, Jean-Claude said:

"Therefore Avliasoft incorporated the possibility for integration of Navigraph somehow in Nov/Dec last year to have this in your EFB."

Never mind if Navigraph was available as well as NavdaPro for Aivlasoft EFB since its creation more than ten years ago. The MSFS EFB version was put in line with the other sim... More misinformation or disinformation in the same thread!... This is appalling and getting worrisome to read some posts!  To state an opinion is one thing, to bully a product out of shear ignorance is another.

As for the other points, it so happens that many pilots use Aivlasoft EFB on line with no trouble at all... More... well you know what I mean.

I want to remember: the title of the thread is "Is Navigraph worth the money".

There is nothing wrong if you and others are using Avliasoft EFB and if you are satisfied with it - ok.. Everyone can use whatever he wants.

And I never bullied Avliasoft and the shear ignorance the opinion and facts is on your and Bobsk8 side.

As me and others already mentioned: In MSFS - only with Navigraph you get actual,monthly updated, navdata and charts.

In fact:  Avliasoft EFB generates the database from your sim navdata. MSFS or Navigraph - it is your choice.

Back to the thread:

For me: YES - Navigraph is worth the money. Since XPlane 9.

Best regards

• Like 3