Sign in to follow this  
mnmon

Aces to release a new Train Simulator...

I always thought it would be interesting to have detailed rail layouts in FS. I guess TrainSim was only published by MS. Some folks I think went to Trainz, but if this allows leveraging of scenery and 3d design I think that would be very nice.scott s..

>too far where? From prespective of a person riding a car or>or train? Why not?Exactly, more than 30% of my siming time is in ships or vehicles, this just adds to it.I really enjoy driving around the plains of Africa in FSX Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

"We may have a while to see the final verdic of FSX performance in the environment it was actually designed for (Vista/DX10)."Why do we keep hearing this? We were told by members of the ACES team that FSX was designed on XP and DX9...........

Guest FxF3

Heck I like train Sims just got one about 6 months ago. To me there almost as much fun as flight Sims. There are tons of downloads. I would of never thought about one untill I came across it at one of the game seller sites that always has tons of bargin bin specials gave it a try and got hooked. So who knows the one ACES is working on maybe fun also.If you not tried one give it a try the one I have is made by this guys.I think they have 2 or 3 versions.http://www.auran.com/TRS2006/index.php

Hmmm, methinks that the FSX based engine is not geared for motion in its current state, especially with Vista. Maybe MS Statue Simulator would be more suited to the FSX engine right now. That way 1 frame per hour would be fluid on anyone's computer AND no tweaking! :-lolBut seriously, I look forward to a new version of Trainsim, just hope that the experience with FSX will be taken into account and lessons learned. Aces are sharp so it should be a good product.

Hmmmm! I bet it's safe to assume we'll never see a new version of Space Simulator.:-wave

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

>Hmmmm! I bet it's safe to assume we'll never see a new>version of Space Simulator.:-wave :(I do love train sims though. :)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>Maybe MS Statue Simulator would be more suited to the FSX engine right now.:-lol ROFL !!!!!!!!Ahh Mike - You always have a way with words.Still Laughin'Garett

Well, then tell me exactly what I have missed.If you don't answer me, I'll bump this until someone does, because I do not know what you are getting at, and would like to know.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Hmmmm! I bet it's safe to assume we'll never see a new>version of Space Simulator.:-wave Why not?? I liked Space Simulator! Well, I thought it was neat back then, anyway.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Challenger604

Why is this in the FSX Forum?Anyway here is a link to a great group of train simmers for Aruan trainz. Stay away from the main Auran forum as a really bad dude has come back to life and is moderating their forums.http://trainzforums.com/

Hi PhilCan you please explain to me what does this mean from your statement?"b)we are aiming at a targeted set of perf and content fixes."What is a perf?Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Guest cwright

>I really enjoy driving around the plains of Africa in FSX I like to do a bit of driving on occasion. Have you found a ground vehicle with realistic handling? I have a Jeep that's not bad, but its handling is still a bit bizarre - when you get up to speed it starts banking, so it still thinks it's an aircraft!Best regards, Chris