Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Aerosoft Beaver for FSX...YES or NO?

So what do you think of this? Is it "redundant" in FSX with the default, or is it something to consider? Why?

Definitely something to consider!I'll tell you why after I spend more time with it, but first impressions are pretty nice.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

It's absolutely beautiful, I'm glad I spent the money on the FSX upgrade (I had the FS9 one). Now I just found out LHH has a beta port of Courchevel for FSX and that's the area I tried out the new Beaver at... Oh what fun!Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest JSPuonti

Did they fix the VC so that the panel gauge area is higher-resolution? When I last looked (and this was quite a while ago) the FS9 Beaver used to have a problem where the main gauge area in the VC was very low-res even though the texture behind the gauges was sharp. There was nothing the end-user could do to fix this as it was a model issue, so I was hoping they'd do something about it when they upgraded the model to FSX.Has it been fixed?

Guest JSPuonti

That's excellent news, thanks for mentioning it! :)

Guest LtRob

Where did you here about Courchevel? Could you put a link in to direct us? Does it have the 3-nagle runway and all?Rob

Hi Rob,I use the translation feature from the Google toolbar and visit LLH's forum which is in French. Saw the post there which has a link, downloaded the patch and then had to translate the readme file. The patch is currently for Courchevel and Megeve (you have to have the FS9 sceneries from them which you copy over to FSX). It is certainly not perfect and they are aware of some of the problems but the good news is you have the sloping runways and much of the scenery functional. I tried it out in hard winter and you end up with a lot of snow encrouching and covering parts of the airports and runways, that might sound neat but it's not. Flew the new Beaver from Megeve to Courchevel last night, I will have to try the flight out in one of the other seasons and see if the anomolies are only present with hard winter sets. Still a far sight better than default.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Think I will get this Beaver as I have the FS9 and that was very good......also, if you have not looked at it, AVSIM had a download spot for the PREMIER AVIATION site, got the Lear and Dash 8, they are really neat, at best of all, it is freeware!! But if you like, a donation is in order.......(I may have the name messed up, but look in the library and search engines, it is worth it!!;) B42L8

Got it! Took one of the liveries (Alaskan) for a ride in some nasty weather in Juneau (Real Weather) this afternoon. Loved it, and it felt quite realistic.

Guest kingairvols

StanFirst Thanks for the subject matter.Second, I will appologize up front for not understanding how the link was found and or traced down. Is it possible to post the final link (thread) needed to D/L these flights or as you mentioned "liveries (Alaskan) for a ride in some nasty weather in Juneau (Real Weather) this afternoon. Loved it, and it felt quite realistic" that seems to be breathtaking to your fellow simmers.Sorry for not being tech savy on these steps and I hope you do not mind me asking for the direct link. If needed I am in North America, The United States. I hope there is a version for my global location.Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

Mark,There are many liveries included in the Aerosoft package. So, since I started a flight in Alaska (about 65 miles away from Juneau), I selected the Alaskan Forestry livery (yellow, wheeled version).I then downloaded Real Weather in FSX, and the weather was relatively calm at the airport from which I took off, albeit a little foggy and overcast. But it was calm. GPS was set for PAJN, Juneau, and I took off, flew at 10,000 feet above the soup, and watched the real weather change. Landing in Juneau, the rain was pounding down and sideways, and the wind was buffeting pretty strongly. The runways were soaked with rain, and it was extremely challenging attempting to land...but land I did, and I felt a great sense of accomplishment in the maiden flight of one of my new airplanes. I'll bet if you check the weather for Juneau on Saturday, January 20th, it will have been exactly that kind of weather.I loved the realistic sounds, the panel, and the dynamics of this Aerosoft offering, and I recommend it to anyone.Isn't FSX a "rush"?