Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

X-Plane Technology Preview One

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

like, for.... example

E4HGPI9.png

Austin getting excited on YouTube is a new hobby of mine:

Ben will have that ready soon. He's working on it now. Also I got guys on rain, weather, scenery, ATC... we're going over it all. Bajillions if small flight model improves as well (will feel ABOUT the same, just a billion little tweaks to work more accurately as I do really detailed with with beta.team on their airplane, and notice every tiny area of blade element theory that can be improved).

We should NOT! We are NOT moving to just load-a-giant-ortho-pack like MSFS.. we are NOT going that way. Instead, we are improving the autogen (and videos in the future will show why, you will see), and as a result we should NOT expect to see the load time and RAM reqmts of a sim that just tries to hold a model of the whole world as a huge collection of polygons.

Actually improving autogen instead.. I want the moving cars, changing traffic lites, detailed trees blowing in the wind, hi-res, clean buildings that are not all blurry and warped when you get in close... I want all this flexibility and detail and dynamic action that is not possible when you just try to brute-force photograph-the-world.. get in close to buildings in MSFS.. they turn into blurry lumps like they're made of melting clay. Cars look like lumps in the parking lot, melted by a nuclear blast in WW3... also it takes ages to load since each bit of scenery is independently memorized, there's no economy of scale in load time or RAM. Let's see how good we can make the autogen.. I have a lot going on there.

A billion tiny updates... same feel but a bit more accuracy and realism to countless elements of the flite model... this is due largly to me working with beta.team, where any error in simulating their plane, no matter how small, is dialed in and examined and addressed and perfected... and ALIA is the PERFECT airplane to test and perfect blade element theory.. look at all the wings and props and flight modes.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I asked Austin to show us the new weather system. "Ben will have that ready soon. He's working on it now. Also I got guys on rain, weather, scenery, ATC... we're going over it all. Bajillions if small flight model improves as well (will feel ABOUT the same, just a billion little tweaks to work more accurately as I do really detailed with with beta.team on their airplane, and notice every tiny area of blade element theory that can be improved)."

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

1 hour ago, akita said:

Austin getting excited on YouTube is a new hobby of mine:

Excited ? Nah, he's very calm there, he used to write everything in full CAPS! 😆

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Pascal_LSGC said:

he's very calm there, he used to write everything in full CAPS! 😆

but, but, but, but.... how DARE he tell so many uncomfortable truths about  msfs, quick, call out the bots, people MUST NOT be allowed to say that msfs parking lots look like they were melted by WWIII, who does he think he is, the man knows nothing, just wait a bit, Asobo will be releasing an update real soon that makes the photo real scenery even more photo real and the 100% perfect flight model even more perfect.

at least, thats what I imagine @ChaoticBeauty would say.....

AutoATC Developer

3 hours ago, mSparks said:

but, but, but, but.... how DARE he tell so many uncomfortable truths about  msfs, quick, call out the bots, people MUST NOT be allowed to say that msfs parking lots look like they were melted by WWIII, who does he think he is, the man knows nothing, just wait a bit, Asobo will be releasing an update real soon that makes the photo real scenery even more photo real and the 100% perfect flight model even more perfect.

at least, thats what I imagine @ChaoticBeauty would say.....

What I wonder is what he got up his sleeve base on some of the information we are learning on those quotes and youtube concerning the flight modeling and hints of the increase refindments he making with all the discussion going on in the other thread will very interesting, If what I think he is doing may even things out between X Plane and MSFS. We will soon see.

Edited by BobFS88
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Link Please.

page one of this thread. the op. Austin has been replying to comments

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

25 minutes ago, Greazer said:

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm making a flight sim not a google-earth viewer!

Okay, let me try to forget viewing earth from above is not part of flight 🙄

it is, but google earth doen't do that. google earth views a splatter of different single points in time of the earth several years ago.

AutoATC Developer

33 minutes ago, Greazer said:

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm making a flight sim not a google-earth viewer!

Okay, let me try to forget viewing earth from above is not part of flight 🙄

You're not actually trying to convince anyone that google earth or (5 year old) Bing maps is in any way..."accurate", are you?  😂

Just don't land at this airport.

Or fly past Black Hole airport.

Edited by GoranM

argh now again few more pages of XP is rubbish MFS can do this and that 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

It can be a good thing.  I've gone to LR with a few feature requests that have been brought up by a few of the (for want of a better word) trolls.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GoranM said:

You're not actually trying to convince anyone that google earth or (5 year old) Bing maps is in any way..."accurate", are you?  😂

Pretty sure it more accurate that default xp 11 🥱

19 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Pretty sure it more accurate that default xp 11 🥱

I never said X-Plane scenery was accurate.  But Bing maps and Google scenery is not something worth bragging about, either.  I would have thought your standards were much higher than what Bing and Google offer.  It appears I was wrong.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1