Sign in to follow this  
mikebxb

Help me add a window for NAV 2 /

Hello All,

I mostly run all aircraft with Flight1's GTN750 or GTN 650. 

Lately I been getting back to flying VOR/ DME / NDB for fun. 

I'll still use the GTN 750 in non GPS mode But would like to add a window with the FSX stock gauges for old school flying. Any help in creating this much appreciated.

I'm using the stock FSX radio stack to avoid conflicts and easy on frame rates.

Thanks in advance

//------------------------------------------------
[WindowXX]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2
size_mm=156,308   *** This will need resizing
position=8
visible=0
ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL
*** Wont need this ***//gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 0, 0

*** Dont need this gauge****//gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 0, 29

*** the below gauges will have to be relocated for a cleaner, smaller window 
gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2, 0, 86
gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0, 142
gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME, 0, 180

*** Dont need this gauge***//gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, 0, 217
gauge06=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 0, 262

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

OK, sounds like you have it figured out... what exactly do you need help with?

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK, sounds like you have it figured out... what exactly do you need help with?

Bert thanks.  I almost have by trial and error. Resizing the background window and eliminating all in radio stack except

Nav2

DME

ADF

in that order.

The ‘Y’ coordinates were giving me a fit. It seems logical to add the total heights of each gauge in window and calculate window size but there doesnt to be any correlation... I bought FS Panel Studio but I cant get it to work anymore or get it redownloaded from Flight1.  ( ticket issues). ??

Reason for this workaround is I cant seem to run the GTN 750 -nav1 AND GTN 650 -nav2. as the GTN 650 locks up and stops working.  

Edited by mikebxb

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

9 hours ago, mikebxb said:

The ‘Y’ coordinates were giving me a fit. It seems logical to add the total heights of each gauge in window and calculate window size but there doesnt to be any correlation

What may be tripping you up, is that the panel window that you are using as a template, does not show the height of the radios..

gaugexx= name!name, x, y, width, height  is the correct format.

If you were to add up the heights, you would indeed match the size_mm value.

• Like 1

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

What may be tripping you up, is that the panel window that you are using as a template, does not show the height of the radios..

gaugexx= name!name, x, y, width, height  is the correct format.

If you were to add up the heights, you would indeed match the size_mm value.

Yes. that's what I thought but  "gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 0, 29" leads one to believe that the 'RadioAudio has a height value of 29. and each Nav  has a height value of 86..Therefore the audio 29 + Nav1 86 + Nav2 +86 would put ADF at location 201... But it isnt so...what am I missing?

and all or none of these combinations add up to  a height of   308   "'size_mm=156,308"

I'm much more productive on horseback LOL I miss FS Panel Studio...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pmbJrIP0wjMgkKKQKouCTDQS8b9uHWBb/view?usp=sharing

Progress so far but tedious trial, error reboot, load, view, reboot, adjust , view, etc etc

Thanks

Edited by mikebxb

52 minutes ago, mikebxb said:

Yes. that's what I thought but  "gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 0, 29" leads one to believe that the 'RadioAudio has a height value of 29.

29 is the vertical location, not the height..

Bert

Am I too late to join this conversation?   It seems to be close to what I want to do but I'd like to clarify.

This probably shows my ignorance but where will you view this new window.  The link looks like it will be a kind of popout - is that right?  Would it be possible for me to do something similar and move the new window across to a tablet/iPad as I do with my RXT 750? 

Hi Bert.

Roger