Sign in to follow this  
aatd

P3d -- Compatible Hardware (plug 'n play)?

Moderator -- I've asked a variation of this question in the "hardware, controller" forum, but I'm hoping this might pull more pertinent attention.  Of course, please don't hesitate to relocate if appropriate.

Can anyone provide a list(s) of avionics and flight control sim hardware that is basically "plug and play" with P3d (v5,1)?  That is, not requiring a third party software utility and user programming to make it fully functional?

I ask because I'm getting to be more interested in flying the sim than having to work around hardware issues in order to operate it,

Thanks,

Brian

Hello Rob,

Thank you for your message.  I have a complete corporate pilot suite of Goflight modules and have installed a purchased version of the GIT.  That said, I have not been able to figure out set it up, and am even having no joy with getting it to update even though every time I run it, I get a pop-up saying a newer version is available.  As it sits at the moment, GIT freezes up every time I attempt running it and can only be shutdown via the task manager.  Clearly I'm screwing up on a couple of fronts.

Some have also suggested FSUIPC7 and /or Stad.next, but I haven't gone down those paths so have no idea if they will work with my Goflight and Logitech FIP hardware,

Again, thanks for your thoughts and advice,

Brian

Hi Brian,

I'm the developer of GIT. Make a post on my sites forum and I will help you to get it up and running. It sounds like you are missing GFDev.dll in the installation directory of GIT (you can get the file from the GoFlight drivers).

I rarely visit Avsim these days, so always post on my forum for help and I will come back to you between 10am - 6pm GMT.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

If you get Opencockpits hardware modules, you can use it with PMDG airplanes + OC4BAv5. Opencockpits hardware modules + OC4BAv5 get you up in the air with a few mouse clicks.

Thank you Steve,

I will certainly follow your advice and will post my situation/questions on the GIT site.  I appreciate your going out of your way to help!

Best regards,

Brian

Thanks -- I took a look at the opencockpit site, but I'm really wanting to focus on GA aircraft, already included with the two sims,

Brian

On 6/2/2021 at 4:14 PM, nas123 said:

If you get Opencockpits hardware modules, you can use it with PMDG airplanes + OC4BAv5. Opencockpits hardware modules + OC4BAv5 get you up in the air with a few mouse clicks.

what does everybody use to mount the MCP?  Looks like it doesn't come with a stand

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

There is no stand for the MCP as the it it is either mounted directly on your desktop or on top of the MIP unit if you build a "real" cockpit.