Sign in to follow this  
NZAA

This Game is Impossible - Finial call

I've kept my opinion to myself, had an open mind and given it a crack all while on Facebook many many others have rubbished this game (Yes Game. It's not a Sim). 

I'm still getting the odd desktop crash. No idea why, it's random but happens often for a bit then it's fine for a few weeks.

Almost daily I'm getting to a point in my trip where I either stop following the flight plan and just carry on in any particular direction, normally directly to the airport or I just do circles around one. 

Before I land, I'm check up my peddles are even so I head straight down the runway on touchdown but the moment I hit the runway I jerk off to the left or right and that's reflected in my pedals. Nothing like sliding down the runway sideways to make for a realistic experience.

I'm using FBW A320 as the default one is useless. I've set the deadzone to 20%.  I've tweaked this to the point where my Saitek yoke unit handles like a go-cart.

Are there any final tricks before I mothball this sim for several months. The graphics and scenery are mind-blowingly good so I will be back but for now it's painful. 

• Like 1

I do not use FBW A320 .

My flights are ok.

Not seeing the problems you are reporting.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Check the calibration of your joystick and other peripherals (ie, rudder pedals) in Windows.  I am flying the FBW A320.  It was swerving for me to on landing like a go cart.  I went to check the calibration in Windows and saw that my Z axis was super sensitive at the center,  I recalibrated in a Windows and that fixed the problem for me.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

When one suffers from a CTD it may come from a bug in the sim but it may very well come from the user. Here is a list of things to do, compiled from many posts on the topic. There is no priority order in the list, just use your common sense :

- Check the error message in the Windows Event Log. It is generally unusable to detect the cause but sometimes it does give a clue😁

- Your computer 

- Be sure that you do not demand too much from your hardware : MFS is well optimized for lower-end machines but a 10 year-old computer will not cope with all the goodies that it can offer. Photogrammetry, for instance, has been known to CTD the sim on a weak machine. Reduce your settings and check whether the CTD are still plaguing you.

- check that you have enough room on your disk

- check that an USB or a jack connection is not loose (headset, controllers etc). I suffered a CTD from one. 

- Be aware that overclocking your CPU and GPU can be a cause of crash so disable the overclocking to check.

Your sim

- Empty or disable the Community folder. Chances are that an add-on is non compatible with the last  upgrade and if the problem is solved reintroduce them one buy one and check.

- Disable all add-ons which are in the Official folder for the same reason and if the problem is solved reintroduce them one buy one and check.

- Flush your rolling cache and manual cache. They may contain a piece of scenery incompatible with the last upgrade.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Turn on the assistance for take off in the options. That will tone down the excessive yawing on take off.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

@Dominique_K - you should put your comments in the MSFS Tips section.

Regards

bs

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I would check ALL your controller assignments.  Often after an MSFS update, my controller assignments seem to either revert back to default or need re-assigning.  I typically clear everything out from assignments after each update, then manually re-assign.

You might want to look into using FSUIPC7 and see if that helps.

I haven't used the FBW A320 in a while so can't comment, does the problem persist with other aircraft?

Cheers, Rob.

Agree with Rob here. The last update did some pretty weird things to my controller settings (Thrustmaster Warthogs) which had been rock solid previously. I don’t have FSUPC 7 but I had to recalibrate a few settings and bindings. However I do notice the the difference in updated flight dynamics and Phidias, particularly on taxi and take off which was dodgy previously but now I don’t get skewing on take off or landing with planes that wee terrible before. 

Technically I view MSFS as a Simulator. At its core it is a real-time floating-point based processed simulation of all the parameters needed to simulate a flight from A to B or back again, in real time. It does add the graphics and can be used as a game of course to learn, to pitch yourself against time or challenges.
That’s an IT view anyway. 

MSFS  is very much WIP and simulating flying is a complex business whether you treat it a game or a journey to fly an aircraft from A to B. I can totally sympathise when it doesn’t work how awful it can be - we’ve all been through it. All simulators are high maintenance and require an intuitive approach to maintaining your hard and software platform for best performance.  A ‘game’ may not need that to the same extent (my son is a heavy online gamer, but he only complains about the Internet lol).

• Like 1

I agree with Chock on this one.  I turn on rudder assistance now (for take-offs and landings).  It might not be realistic (as a 'proper' pilot), but then again, neither is weaving about all over the place.

At least I can enjoy a flight and end up in one piece now.  Plus it still moves about a bit and needs controlling, it just isn't like trying to balance a marble on a needle! 

The ground handling (especially in response to crosswind) is one thing I hope Asobo can attend to very soon.  I think maybe it is overdone by about x2 or x3, like the icing effect was.
They have jumped on things like turboprop behaviour (which obviously does need improvement), but the ground handling and behaviour on take-off and landing is affecting all aircraft, and is a pretty fundamental requirement to get right.

Unfortunately, I don't see it on their list, and they don't seem to recognise it as a problem.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

If you want a good test of whether your rudder pedals are well calibrated or whether your add-on aeroplane has iffy ground handling which might need the sim's take off assistance enabled, check out this video of my review of the Blue Mesh Designs Caudron C.430 (fast forward to 19 minutes in. You will see that with no sim take off assists on, that thing really wants to swing to the left on take off, which is realistically done on the flight model and is a good example of a well done flight model, so it requires a deft touch on the rudder at first, followed by some serious 'shove your right boot through the floor' inputs as the speed builds, and it even requires some right aileron too. I deliberately put the cockpit view so you could see the rudder inputs (Saitek rudder pedals) and you will note that I am on nearly full right rudder for much of the ground roll, then have to take all rudder off as it gets light on the wheels and lifts off.

You might also note that there is no crosswind on that video, which is another thing to watch for with an airliner in particular, as the tailfin on an airliner acts like a big sail and will weathercock you into a crosswind if there is any appreciable side wind which is going more than a few knots, so a good look at the windsock as you line up for take off is always worth doing:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

5 hours ago, NZAA said:

have rubbished this game (Yes Game. It's not a Sim). 

This always makes me laugh. Everything running on your home PC, Console, Notebook...you name it..is a game. There are strategy games, simulation games, etc. but they are all games.

When you actually sit in a Level D simulator an train to become a pilot...yup...then it's a simulator and no longer a game.

To your issues: I do have FBW mod, CRJ, etc...and do not experience CTD's. In fact, since release date my sim crashed lesser times then fingers on my both hands (and no...I don't have more then 5 per hand).

I'm not counting 4...5 loading CTD's because those were just after a patch and I forgot to clean up my community folder (turned out that 2 of my freeware sceneries were causing loading issues...updating those got me a working sim).

Yes...the sim has still many things to get right but is the best sim I've ever experienced.

Edited by GEKtheReaper
  • Like 4

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

4 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

When one suffers from a CTD it may come from a bug in the sim but it may very well come from the user. Here is a list of things to do, compiled from many posts on the topic. There is no priority order in the list, just use your common sense :

- Check the error message in the Windows Event Log. It is generally unusable to detect the cause but sometimes it does give a clue😁

- Your computer 

- Be sure that you do not demand too much from your hardware : MFS is well optimized for lower-end machines but a 10 year-old computer will not cope with all the goodies that it can offer. Photogrammetry, for instance, has been known to CTD the sim on a weak machine. Reduce your settings and check whether the CTD are still plaguing you.

- check that an USB or a jack connection is not loose (headset, controllers etc). I suffered a CTD from one. 

- Be aware that overclocking your CPU and GPU can be a cause of crash so disable the overclocking to check.

Your sim

- Empty or disable the Community folder. Chances are that an add-on is non compatible with the last  upgrade and if the problem is solved reintroduce them one buy one and check.

- Disable all add-ons which are in the Official folder for the same reason and if the problem is solved reintroduce them one buy one and check.

- Flush your rolling cache and manual cache. They may contain a piece of scenery incompatible with the last upgrade.

1 addition to the add ons.  Make shure you have the latest version!

• Upvote 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I agree with Chock on this one.  I turn on rudder assistance now (for take-offs and landings).  It might not be realistic (as a 'proper' pilot), but then again, neither is weaving about all over the place.

The weaving I have too and thought that it was because I am using the Prosim 737-800 flightmodel (preview mode).

It is a real challenge with Live Weather to land the ac manually from 2000 ft and land it on the centerline. From 500 ft and below the ac is floating left/right.

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

7 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

- Your computer 

Your sim

And after you have done all that, pray alot. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

This always makes me laugh. Everything running on your home PC, Console, Notebook...you name it..is a game. There are strategy games, simulation games, etc. but they are all games.

When you actually sit in a Level D simulator an train to become a pilot...yup...then it's a simulator and no longer a game.

To your issues: I do have FBW mod, CRJ, etc...and do not experience CTD's. In fact, since release date my sim crashed lesser times then fingers on my both hands (and no...I don't have more then 5 per hand).

I'm not counting 4...5 loading CTD's because those were just after a patch and I forgot to clean up my community folder (turned out that 2 of my freeware sceneries were causing loading issues...updating those got me a working sim).

Yes...the sim has still many things to get right but is the best sim I've ever experienced.

Number 3 on Asobos list of things to fix is CTD's. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Asobo addressed this issue with the default turbo props and and the Cessna 152s. I tested the TBM and my landings and takeoffs were good enough that I'm probably going to give the Baron 58 a rest till they get around to it. Landing and taking off with the Baron SUCKS! Especially the landings since I'm touching down with idle engines below 100kts. The thing veers HARD to the right. Despite that I'd still be off my rocker to call MSFS just a game because it has that issue.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.