Sign in to follow this  
NZAA

This Game is Impossible - Finial call

29 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Number 3 on Asobos list of things to fix is CTD's. 

It's number 3 on the Votes list speaking of which 1022 members voted this up.

1. Compare this number to the sales of MSFS

2. Subtract from the 1022 votes those with OC, incompatible stuff in the community folder, etc. and you will see how narrow the percentage will get. 

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Something I really wonder. All you guys having a heavy drift at landing, do you have a rudder set of pedals or do you counter the yaw in another way ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 hours ago, NZAA said:

Are there any final tricks before I mothball this sim for several months. The graphics and scenery are mind-blowingly good so I will be back but for now it's painful. 

Please see here: 

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

8 hours ago, NZAA said:

the moment I hit the runway I jerk off to the left or right and that's reflected in my pedals. Nothing like sliding down the runway sideways to make for a realistic experience.

I discovered something interesting about that which may or may not work for you. I was having the same problem, and then I noticed that the axis assignment for the rudder had two different settings. The leftmost column had (axis)- and the one to the right had (axis)+. For some reason, this arrangement worked fine in the air, but as soon as I was on the ground the plane would jerk around. I think the two opposite assignments were fighting each other. I changed the + assignment to - and ground handling instantly got much better.

Dunno if that'll help you, but check into it.

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

It's number 3 on the Votes list speaking of which 1022 members voted this up.

1. Compare this number to the sales of MSFS

2. Subtract from the 1022 votes those with OC, incompatible stuff in the community folder, etc. and you will see how narrow the percentage will get. 

I you read the posts, you will see most of the people posting have tried every remedy that Asobo has suggested including removing add ons, reinstalling MSFS, reinstalling windows, buying a new PC, divorcing your spouse, etc, etc, etc, They still get CTD's. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The #1 CTD generator for me is adding or removing scenery in the community folder (or MP scenery) without resetting the 32gb cache.

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

As far as veering off the runway after touchdown is concerned...there are 2 forces that cause this. One is wind and the other is the P-factor from the props spinning (which should be greatly reduced on touchdown as compared to takeoff btw). Since the OP is flying a jet the only thing that can cause runway veering is the wind...or a screwy controller calibration. To check and see which one it is all you need to do is:

1. Make CERTAIN there is no wind layers in your flight weather (double check this after you spawn in, you could download the VFR map mod which tells you your real winds).

2. attempt to take off using jets (use more than 1 aircraft).

3. if you tried in 2 jets and only 1 veers off then its an aircraft issue...if all jets veer off then it's a controller issue.

4. If none of them veer off then you were experiencing a crosswind, which is normal.

6 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Is there as list with detailed steps on exactly how to replicate these CTDs?

MSFS has been pretty resilient even when I've introduce errors in my own work/product.  There are some limits I discovered (especially character length limits and special characters to not use) in some files, but otherwise reasonably solid since January 2021.

Cheers, Rob.

The issue is people don't use their sim in a vanilla state. Any mods can be responsible for the pesky memory access error. This could be due to an issue with Flight Sim code but only developer can really report this issue back to Asobo if this is the case. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

6 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

train to become a pilot...yup...then it's a simulator and no longer a game.

Agreed, but pilots_to_be can also be trained using a "game" like XP, P3D or even MSFS2020 (I'm sure the latter will be used a a training tool too), so does it make it a game or a simulator when  someone is being trained by either of the 3?

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

9 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Agreed, but pilots_to_be can also be trained using a "game" like XP, P3D or even MSFS2020 (I'm sure the latter will be used a a training tool too), so does it make it a game or a simulator when  someone is being trained by either of the 3?

If that`s the case look at  all the millions airlines waste on multi-million dollar simulators when all they need is a desktop PC.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

18 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

If that`s the case look at  all the millions airlines waste on multi-million dollar simulators when all they need is a desktop PC.

LOL, Well you don't get trained in a multi-million dollar simulator only to fly a single engine Cessna 152 do you? If you read my post I specifically said "Pilots_to_be"

Milti-millon dollar Level D simulators are commonly used to train airline pilots and not for pilots lookin to get theirs PPL.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

9 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

LOL, Well you don't get trained in a multi-million dollar simulator only to fly a single engine Cessna 152 do you? If you read my post I specifically said "Pilots_to_be"

Milti-millon dollar Level D simulators are commonly used to train airline pilots and not for pilots lookin to get theirs PPL.

No they are trained at a airfield on the real thing that`s the only way you can get a licence, I had a friend who did just that booked lessons at Barton after using flight sim, found he could not hack it the seat moves with the plane and he got airsick not the same as sitting on a chair at a desk.  

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

No they are trained at a airfield on the real thing that`s the only way you can get a licence, I had a friend who did just that booked lessons at Barton after using flight sim, found he could not hack it the seat moves with the plane and he got airsick not the same as sitting on a chair at a desk.  

At my local airfield where they train people to get PPL's they have 5 instructors.   3 of them will refuse point blank to take anyone on introductory lessons who has used a flight simulator. The other 2 will take them, but will explain in detail upfront how using a flight sim will make their training much longer.     Whilst they are aware that flight sims can be used to do certain things  once you have achieved the basics in a real aircraft, they are also aware that over the years, those who have played on flight sims prior to lessons are either too confident on what they can do, generally with adverse consequences, or have so much to unlearn that the cost for that person to get a PPL would be problematic.

And before you ask.. yes, they have had people say no when asked if they have used a sim, and after the first flight, they have always known 100% if that person was lying.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

3 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

At my local airfield where they train people to get PPL's they have 5 instructors.   3 of them will refuse point blank to take anyone on introductory lessons who has used a flight simulator. The other 2 will take them, but will explain in detail upfront how using a flight sim will make their training much longer.     Whilst they are aware that flight sims can be used to do certain things  once you have achieved the basics in a real aircraft, they are also aware that over the years, those who have played on flight sims prior to lessons are either too confident on what they can do, generally with adverse consequences, or have so much to unlearn that the cost for that person to get a PPL would be problematic.

And before you ask.. yes, they have had people say no when asked if they have used a sim, and after the first flight, they have always known 100% if that person was lying.

Graham

that seems like an attitude issue more than anything else.  If you listen to your CFI and do like you are instructed, it doesn't matter if you used a flight sim or not.

• Like 3

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Does MSFS write to a log file like XP11 does? I found this a great feature in that title.  Im really enjoying MSFS but its extremely untidy folder management (stuff all over the place) and difficulty in tracing problems is frustrating. I can sympathize with the OP.