Sign in to follow this  
rayharris108

Reverse Thrust has disappeared after last update??

Since the last SU MSFS no longer recognises that my throttle is in Beta range when reversing thrust on landing.

I have a Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle with a reverse thrust lift control. Everything I've tried just gets me in a worse muddle. I tried adding a binding for reverse thrust and it just deletes my normal range throttle, then it doesn't work at all.

I know many have much worse problems than this but bit of a shame really. Great if someone here already knows how to correct this - or it's a trip down to the Asobo swear box again for me. :-##

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Ray

I'm really struggling with reverse thrust since the last MSFS update.

No matter what I try to do (in MSFS config or FSUIPC) my X52 Pro throttle gets treated as if it were in two halves - and not truly linear. So ... after crossing the 50% threshold, auto reverse disengages - and it generally goes bananas. I have a throttle button mapped the reverser HOLD.

Some of my props/turboprops work OK, but the only airliner that works properly is the FBW A320neo - which has its own calibration routine.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I use FSUIPC7 with it configured for reverse thrust for my Warthog - works perfectly with no issues and last checked last night.

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

2 minutes ago, sauviat said:

I use FSUIPC7 with it configured for reverse thrust for my Warthog - works perfectly with no issues and last checked last night.

Interesting ... how do you activate your reverse thrust? Just by sliding back - or with a "hold" button (or toggle)?

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

51 minutes ago, sauviat said:

Martin

Thanks all

@Martin - please could you tell me exactly how you did this in FSUIPC 7? I have purchased the upgrade now. I also have the Warthog controllers

That would be much appreciated.

Ray

There's a thread on here where a moderator explained it to me. I'll look for it.

Martin

EDIT:

Edited by sauviat
Additional content

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

The last update completely messed up all of my saved controller settings so you might have to redo them.  I finally bought FSUIPC and set up my profiles there because this is becoming a recurring issue for me after updates..

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Still works fine w/ a rocker switch on my Saitek Yoke & TQ

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

So, nothing I've done so far as resolved this for me. 

I followed the instructions for setting up FSUIPC (I think) but that made no difference - I want to have this working on all my planes (particularly TBM and Longitude) not profile specific for one plane.  Of course I may have misunderstood the settings. I sort of had the hang of FFSUIPC more or less in P3D but this seems a bit different.

Tried reassigning button '29' to toggle or hold reverse thrust, and both settings just stopped the controller working altogether.

So for now I'm stumped. Can't understand why after working perfectly since last August it's suddenly stopped dead. I have checked the TM drivers and Windows calibration and throttle seems to be working fine. Reverse is button 29 and that lights up when I hold it down.

I'll put a message to MSFS helpdesk (not holding any breaths).

Thanks for your help anyway...

@rayharris108 Just curious, but when you purchased it did you physically invert the "bar"? You have to do this!

Martin

Martin Parr

Not sure what you mean - on the controller (Warthog)?

To go in to beta range there is a detent where you lift the throttle and pull it backwards. If so yes. It worked first time I bought MSFS without any set up from me until now.

Yes, you are lifting it over the bar - you actually feel it go over the bar. That first time were you getting the reverse thrust? For a single engine you may not have had to do very much - you know when it engages, like in the TBM, you here and feel it.

I wanted it for three and four engine planes in FSX, so everything was just transferred from FSUIPC4 to FSUIPC7.

Martin

Martin Parr

Maybe conflict somewhere. Do you have any other controls? What is happening with the MFSF controls - perhaps a default bind!

Martin

Martin Parr