Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

Is TCAS working at all?

I have just tried to use the TCAS on several aircraft, including FBW A320 Neo and the default 747. I can see some aircraft on the VFR map but they never appear on the ND. I remember it used to work, I saw some diamonds on my ND showing AI traffic around me, but today I see nothing.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a known bug in the sim?

Thanks,
Eric

I can see other aircraft here in the FBW A320.  I don't thing TA/RA is implemented yet. 

On pedestal units you have to click on the CLR button a few times before entering a new code

I have just tried with the WT CJ4, indeed I remember it used to work. I have just upgraded to the latest version 0.12.5 and unfortunately... nothing.

Here is a screenshot showing an aircraft just in front of me, and nothing on the PFD/MFD while the TFC mode is active: IMAGE 1

And I have the same with the default 747: IMAGE 2

Maybe something is wrongly configured in my sim?.

I have just tried again after changing my sim settings with live traffic and it still doesn't work. Again I could see an aircraft through the window but no TCAS...

2 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

It only works on vatsim/ivao. 

Are you sure? I never connected to Vatsim/IVAO with MSFS and I remember seeing traffic.

They work but you need to select a smaller range.

So on the FBW you won't see anything appear unless the ND range is 20 or less.

Doesn't seem to work at all on the 787.

The Working Title CJ4 is probably the only one that works well in every situation.

I changed the settings again and increased the AI traffic density, added the name plates, and I finally had something in the FBW A320.

2 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

From the patch notes from Asobo/MS:

• SimConnect injected traffic (VATSIM, IVAO) should now be displayed in HTML/JS instruments that have traffic displays as well as on the VFR Map

Yes, this says the IVAO/VATSIM is displayed, it does not say that ONLY this traffic is displayed.

I mean that if you are not on IVAO/VATSIM, you should also see the AI/MP traffic.

I feel like we're getting closer to the day we can hear "Traffic Traffic. Descend. Descend NOW."

Which will be great for when I'm in cruise watching youtube videos on my laptop.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.