Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

LM's silence

27 minutes ago, Balint Szarka said:

This doesn’t make P3D5 any less than V4.5… It’s a perfectly functioning sim with or without EA. Obviously without EA it’s even better considering the performance increases that came with DX12 adoption etc…

I never said that P3Dv5 was less than v4.5.  However, it does have issues which I don't have to deal with using v4.5.  This is expected with any new release until they work out the bugs.

I've no doubt that v5 performance is somewhat improved due to DX12, but then again I've read about folks having very high vram usage which can cause problems.  My performance is great with v4.5 and I've got my graphics settings quite high using a GTX 2070 Super.

I'm content to wait until v5 matures and most of the issues are resolved, probably v5.3 or 5.4.  Until then v4.5 works just fine.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Sad thing is 4.5 won't get updates - and for my sim laptop - I need 4.5 b/c of DX11 due to limited 4GB VRAM.  P3Dv5.1 consumes way way too much VRAM.  Maybe 5.2 will be better who knows.....

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

7 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Sad thing is 4.5 won't get updates - and for my sim laptop - I need 4.5 b/c of DX11 due to limited 4GB VRAM.  P3Dv5.1 consumes way way too much VRAM.  Maybe 5.2 will be better who knows.....

FWIW While EA is far from perfect, I get exactly the same performance, i.e. fps  with or without EA enabled. I have my fps set to 37, 1/2 the refresh rate of my monitor which is 75 mhz. There is absolutely no flickering, no stuttering of any kind...with the one exception that if I enable auto save in FSUIPC, there will be a momentary split second pause...nothing to get upset over.

Sherm

On 6/3/2021 at 3:41 PM, fluffyflops said:

what he said.

there simply is no payware aircraft in the same league as  FSL,PMDG,QW OR DASH 8   for either MS2020 or XP11

what let us down in P3D is the 20 year old engine in my opinion

The base engine is older than that...except it's updated to 64 bit, HDR Lighting, PBR lighting, enhanced graphics, fantastic add-on integration, weather, shaders, simplifying updates. I think LM has been quite responsive to the community, in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Jeff Callender

1 hour ago, dave2013 said:

I never said that P3Dv5 was less than v4.5.  However, it does have issues which I don't have to deal with using v4.5.  This is expected with any new release until they work out the bugs.

I've no doubt that v5 performance is somewhat improved due to DX12, but then again I've read about folks having very high vram usage which can cause problems.  My performance is great with v4.5 and I've got my graphics settings quite high using a GTX 2070 Super.

I'm content to wait until v5 matures and most of the issues are resolved, probably v5.3 or 5.4.  Until then v4.5 works just fine.

Dave

Hehe funnily enough I’ve also got the RTX 2070 Super 😁 

I have the texture resolution set to 1024 and actually seeing no difference between that and 2048 res textures. I actually can’t think of a day where I had issues with it. But hey that’s me and another person might say the opposite. As many people and their settings and PC configs and software differences that many possible problems. But I agree that P3D 5’s got some more to improve.

I feel like an impatient child about that update already but on the other hand the longer it takes the better it can get, I hope 🤞😅😉 

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

On 6/5/2021 at 7:47 AM, simbol said:

Regarding the silence, I said it many times.. They have this policy as a company, I doubt they will change it.. So if this bothers you, you better move on to another platform.

Regards,

Simbol 

You almost had us all convinced. Until the final paragraph. 
Yes, many simmers have the choice and right to move. Exactly what 90% of P3D users have done by moving to MSFS.  

The horse has bolted. P3D’s cute little experiment to slightly enhance FSX is over. 

• Like 1

I am on 5.1 and using the RTX 2070 Super. I have the weather, water, clouds EA  (True Sky) all set to max (ultra) but keep the frames at 30 (Why is a longer discussion but it is about the way our eyes work not computing) and textures at 4096, I let NVIDIA run the synching and it keeps it at a moderate base level. I have no issues with V5.1 at all, super smooth all the time, maybe just maybe a slight tick now and then when the scenery is changed from one layer to another. My only performance addons ENVSHAD, Accufeel and FSUIPC (with flight logging turned off). Runs ORBX and high level complex models in all weather and all areas consistently. 

I both do sim development and also do flight dynamics testing for others and make big demands on this program at times, swapping time zones, areas, locations environment settings plus multiple reloads of the same thing repeatedly, stupid coding will crash it but I have not had a component fail to run, it just quietly quits telling me immediately that the last code line was bad!

The only updates I want from LM is for them to fix some of the menu GUI's (Flight Planning is clunky) and in particular Sim Director which simply will not load once you add large scenery addons like ORBX to the system. The inbuilt ATC is so hopeless I never use it! They need to tidy up the back end menus but the again Navigraph as an addon does a better job and interfaces without issues so does P3DWX and FSL Spotlights can have them all running, the sim running a complex aeroplane, heavy weather and a major city, no fuss no stutters and no CTD's. So I am not sure what it is people want from this sim sometimes. 

I certainly do not need updates to crash it on a regular basis and I am fine with a long cycle for improvement or changes - after all waited over a decade after FSX for a  program and sim of this quality to arrive and best of all I have nearly 90% of my aircraft and scenery functioning and looking superb now with 64 bit, DX12 and True Sky. 

Edited by coastaldriver
additional information
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Yes, many simmers have the choice and right to move. Exactly what 90% of P3D users have done by moving to MSFS.  

Pure speculation on your part. It’s not a binary choice. It’s possible to have both installed.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 9

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

18 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Pure speculation on your part. It’s not a binary choice. It’s possible to have both installed.

It’s got nothing to do with choices. 
Sales numbers, developers words and online figures prove otherwise. By a significant margin. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

It’s got nothing to do with choices. 
Sales numbers, developers words and online figures prove otherwise. By a significant margin. 

Back up your statement with some facts. I’m particularly interested in the number of people who have uninstalled P3D.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Back up your statement with some facts. I’m particularly interested in the number of people who have uninstalled P3D.

I don’t need too. Aerosoft has already done that. PMDG have already made it clear where their future lies. 
This topic (among many)and the MSFS forum have made it clear likewise as to how many have moved across. 

I don’t need to prove anything. It’s already been proved. Overwhelmingly. 

• Like 2

This is a flight sim drama thread.  If you're unhappy with LM and/or P3D and have decided to turn against either of them, please leave the forum.  It doesn't make sense that you would be here if you are anti P3D.  Recommend a forum that aligns with your preferences in simulator features and company policies on information flow.  Are you not capable of leaving by yourself?  There's no need to create a mob to leave P3D with you.  If you're upset with LM, please tell them in their forum because it's more likely they will read that one over this one.  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 6

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

3 minutes ago, David Vega said:

This is a flight sim drama thread.  If you're unhappy with LM and/or P3D and have decided to turn against either of them, please leave the forum.  It doesn't make sense that you would be here if you are anti P3D.  Recommend a forum that aligns with your preferences in simulator features and company policies on information flow.  Are you not capable of leaving by yourself?  There's no need to create a mob to leave P3D with you.  If you're upset with LM, please tell them in their forum because it's more likely they will read that one over this one.  

I completely agree....this is a hobby, nothing more nothing less. There are no moral imperatives at stake here...it is simply a matter of choices...and as the saying goes, that's why they invented horse races...the other applicable aphorism, In Latin Degustibus non est disputandam..

There is no arguing about taste.

Sherm

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

I don’t need to prove anything. It’s already been proved. Overwhelmingly. 

Only in your own closed mind. Plenty of hot air with little or no substance.

Now I suggest you refrain from posting anything more like this. I don’t need to remind you it’s at the behest of the moderators as to whether your posts are approved for public viewing or not.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Doug47 said:

The horse has bolted. P3D’s cute little experiment to slightly enhance FSX is over. 

What a load of hogwash this statement and sentiment is.

P3D may have suffered a decline but it is far from dead and if nothing else look at the history of FSX which "bolted" years and years ago. That is a worst case thing too.  

I am probably right in guessing that you were one of the guys who, having found MSFS, decided on the spot that everything else was unflyable and uninstalled (probably very publicly) anything that did not resemble MSFS.  Good, probably great platform, but so are the others. 

You are very entitled to your opinion but we are entitled to not share it. It would very much appear that a majority here would agree with me.

Why do these conversations have to get this aggressive, and I know that is exactly what I am doing reluctantly. 

As has been suggested here, you have had your say, and you should now probably go and do some flying on MSFS or whatever your preferred platform is.

NO disrespect meant 

Tony 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.