Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

Please make a vote on MSFS - Amd FidelityFx

I would love to see AMD GPU drivers that don't crash. They haven't been able to do that so far. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Voted, fingers crossed.

29 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I would love to see AMD GPU drivers that don't crash. They haven't been able to do that so far. 

I've only done one test flight, with xmp disabled in the bios, I was getting a CTD every flight, but I managed to fly from Newcastle to Inverness successfully, when doing the above flight, I was sceptical that this would work for now, but it appears to work, but I need to do further tests when I'm off work again.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

3 hours ago, janda said:

Please make a vote on MSFS - Amd FidelityFx

they ask what games should get this technology...

Janda,

I think they want people to communicate with AMD who will then communicate with the developers involved.  I do not believe MSFS are involved at this stage.  It certainly will not do any harm to let MSFS know that this is interesting though.  I love the fact that it can be incorporated into Nvidia as well.  

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

My AMD GPU isn't at all problematic with MSFS. Works fine.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Don't want to sideline OP post, but the direct link below is where you can cast your vote on MSFS for FidelityFX

AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution Game Survey

• Like 2

Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.4 GHz (Boost @ 4 GHz) | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING MB | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 32GB (2x16) | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe (Main OS) | Western Digital Blue 1TB SSD 2.5" (MSFS) | WD Blue 2TB SSD 2.5" (For MSFS ADDONS/MODS) | Zotac Geforce GTX 1060 6GB MINI Graphics Card | Fractal Design Node 202 Case | Corsair SF450 PSU | Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27-in Monitor | WIn 10 PRO x64

I've been using an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT and have never had a GPU crash. I get a constant 45 fps and no stutters. May be you should try the new drivers and cards before you comment on them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

If you can walk away it's a good landing

10 hours ago, dissy said:

I've been using an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT and have never had a GPU crash. I get a constant 45 fps and no stutters. May be you should try the new drivers and cards before you comment on them.

Would you mind sharing your MSFS graphic settings? Thank you!

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

12 hours ago, dissy said:

Speak for yourself. I have had to keep the Sept 2020 drivers to be able to not crash every 5 minutes. I have a 5700XT. You must be running seriously low graphics settings too to get 45 FPS. I am mostly high, a few ultras and see 30 FPS, sometimes lower in heavy areas. 

On 6/3/2021 at 4:38 PM, Bobsk8 said:

I haven't had a CTD in months, since I turned off Freesync in the driver and on my monitor. Not even one.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

On 6/3/2021 at 5:38 PM, Bobsk8 said:

In my experience they have. Sorry about yours.

But anyways ..back to the topic. I requested this the moment the website went up.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Voted ! It will be really nice to see some GPU side improvements on MSFS or lets say optimizations. 

I hope AMD and ASOBO will pay enough attention to simmers call. 

Kind regards. 

• Like 1

Faruk IŞIK

I run mainly high with a couple of ultra. Screen set to 2560X1440 on a 42 inch Sony HD TV. Running at mainly ultra with a couple at high I was getting 30fps +/- 5 in the areas I generally fly in which area remote bush areas using light aircraft. In the denser city areas it would be about 15-20 fps.

FPS is a never ending case of trial and error and I tend to change my settings as per the area I fly in. In my case the quality of the graphics does not appear noticeably different between High and ultra.

If you can walk away it's a good landing

I was going to post a picture that showed it was already planned, but then I looked a bit closer...

fsr.png

Air Tractor is a company, isn't it?

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //