Sign in to follow this  
bean_sprout

One Sim To Rule Them All

1 hour ago, ailchim said:

Remind me what happened to the One Ring in the end?

Not the finality you might suppose. It turned into a massive money-making behemoth with a further two books published continuing the tale, then another seven books after that, all published posthumously. Ker-ching!

Don't like any of them personally, frankly I think they're badly-written, but when has that ever stopped something becoming popular? I'm looking at you E.L. James. 🤣

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

In many ways, for the home flight simulation market, MSFS vs X-Plane vs P3D has characteristics of a homogenous product.

Ha! So is toilet paper, but I don’t see people denigrating each other over their choice of Charmin vs. Cottonelle. ....then again, knowing the internet, there probably is a toilet paper forum somewhere that gets as heated as this one 😂

• Like 3

Chris

5 hours ago, RobJC said:

You’re new here, right? 😭

hehe, not really.  Honestly dont understand why appreciating MSFS would start a fight 🙂

1 hour ago, Tierborn said:

hehe, not really.  Honestly dont understand why appreciating MSFS would start a fight 🙂

No one does!  Suffice it to say that MSFS is so good that it elicits strong emotions in simmers.

Cheers

bs

• Like 4

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

13 hours ago, saifs said:

First sim where I'm flying 99.999% of the time rather than tweaking or creating Ortho4xp tiles. Thanks MS & Asobo! 

After the last two updates I am spending 99.999% of my time fixing it .... tweaking is not part of that, and, in my opinion is at least, mostly unnecesssary. It is the core parts of this sim which need updating like the ATC and flight dynamics etc. As a simmer, I can not tweak those and it really is the responsibility of the developer and or 3PDs.  

I have to say though, that at least until the next update, I am flying 99.999% percent of the time and have a grin from ear to ear.

The only thing I really really really want now is for MS/Asobo to fix all the current bugs before updating scenery (world updates) and for Hand Tracking in VR.  Now that would be AWESOME

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

There are great sims out there, but all I can say width certainty,  MSFS2020 rules in my pc for now.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Well hopefully one day we can have a thread stay on topic. I'm not holding my breath though. Nothing anyone says negative about any sim I use affects me. I fly the sim I want to fly, when I want to fly it, and how I choose to fly it. I just wish all of us would stop putting peanut butter into the chocolate. Whatever that candy bar that I don't like is 🙂 Oh, oh, candy bar fight!

Having said that, people should be able to get assistance for any sim they fly. In the correct sim area. We should help each other and our fellow community enjoy the hobby. 

I know no one will listen, but it's nice to think about posting in the correct Forum for the appropriate sim? Saying one sim it better than another, changes No Ones minds. Each person pay's for their sim(s), the hardware they fly them on, the controller's and hardware they buy, and the internet access  also. Well someone in the family does 🙂

I know of multiplayer or Vatsim or IVAO, where people are chatting on a Discord server flying different sim's, and they are all just having a great time flying the sim they want at the time, and the aircraft they choose at the time.

Enjoy your sim(s) everyone! Take care and have fun! Or don't have fun, doesn't matter to me or affect me!

Sorry have to leave have a multiplayer, multi sim event to attend! See ya!

• Like 3

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

8 hours ago, Chock said:

frankly I think they're badly-written,

God, yes. A few years ago I tried going back to the copy of LOTR I had and loved as a teenager. Absolute rubbish.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

2 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Suffice it to say that MSFS is so good that it elicits strong emotions in simmers.

One thing I think we can all see on the other subs here is that it’s the sim everyone is talking about, all the time.

• Like 4

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

If you had asked me six months ago I would say MSFS is in a precarious position. But Asobo to their credit, reached out to developers and the community, and has pumped out two good updates and changed the game. We have third party aircraft now that are as good as their offerings on P3D/Xplane and more on the way. The whole “flight model is rubbish” is being proven incorrect by these 3rd parties. The default planes still leave a lot to be desired though. 

the future for MSFS is bright at the moment. I have put down my precious P3DV5 this past month in favor of flying In msfs. I haven’t picked up Xplane in months.

Edited by CaptainNick
  • Like 4

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

3 hours ago, Emerson67 said:

Very interesting charts. Bookmarked. Thanks for sharing.

Of course, that only tells a partial story at best. Don't forget there's also the Microsoft store and other venues.

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

15 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Of course, that only tells a partial story at best. Don't forget there's also the Microsoft store and other venues.

That chart doesn't look bad for MSFS anyway. The massive drop in the beginning is normal for a new release. It looks different if you consider the past 6 months.

For now it's stable 2 - 3x the users of XP. Which implies 2-3x more non-casuals and potential customers. Note: I'm not saying XP will die - it won't.

The trend correlates with XP.

yejzZpa.png

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved