Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 3rd, 2021 - Development Update

8 hours ago, Baber20 said:

I am pretty sure that is a DX12 version. Requires a separate install and comes with 'significant' performance updates.

All the beta tests have been separate installs.

Edited by Tuskin38

22 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

All the beta tests have been separate installs.

The WU4 and SU4 beta tests were installed over the live Microsoft Store installations, only way to revert to it was to opt out of the beta test and download the entire game again.

13 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

The WU4 and SU4 beta tests were installed over the live Microsoft Store installations, only way to revert to it was to opt out of the beta test and download the entire game again.

Huh I could have sworn the description said otherwise.

My bad.

Either way this is the exact same way MS tested Halo MCC on Steam, they never overwrote the live version.

So I personally don't think the test being a separate install is a clue for anything.

Edited by Tuskin38

18 hours ago, Scottoest said:

That last screenshot looks like it could've been the cover art for an earlier version of Flight Simulator.

Not sure why that struck me like that, but it did, haha.

Spot on mate, I agree but not with your choice in hats... 😁

15 hours ago, Baber20 said:

I am pretty sure that is a DX12 version. Requires a separate install and comes with 'significant' performance updates.

That's an interesting shout Baber20. I wonder if it IS actually the DX12 version but they want to suprise us. I suspect not though, they probably just collected a bunch of optimisations during the DX12 development which wasn't tied to the API.

3 hours ago, dtrjones said:

That's an interesting shout Baber20. I wonder if it IS actually the DX12 version but they want to suprise us. I suspect not though, they probably just collected a bunch of optimisations during the DX12 development which wasn't tied to the API.

They did say we would get dx12 this year and it coincide with the Xbox release which is dx12 only 

• Like 1

Yeah I thought it sounded like DX12 as well. Would be great to have the improvements on performance.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Ryzen 9 5900X | MSI MEG X570 ACE | 32 GB DDR4 | Geforce RTX 3080 | Samsung Evo 970 M.2 | Dual 1440p screen | Win 10 Pro

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Thrust master TPR Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

On 6/4/2021 at 9:58 AM, ChaoticBeauty said:

This build does not include any content changes but has significant performance updates we’d love for you to try out and provide feedback on.

Support for AMD FidelityFX super resolution? 🤔🤞

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-software-fidelityfx-supported-games

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

On 6/4/2021 at 11:25 AM, pmb said:

I have rarely performance issues despite my mediocre (according to today's measures) system on the 2D screen (3440x1440). However, I could well benefit from a performance boost for VR (Reverb 1 here).  In addition, a VR display quality enhancement would be very welcome as colors a rather bleached out (contrary to AeroflyFS2 or ETS2).

Kind regards, Michael

What I would like to see fixed is the initial performance issues on the Oculus Rift S. I have to go in and out VR, restarting the Oculus software for about three to four times going in and out of VR mode until VR finally performs fluid and stutterfree.