Sign in to follow this  
chris41

Looking for static objects for adding to airports

With all of the freeware and payware airports I use for every one I will use abacus EZ Scenery and static aircraft maker (SAMM) to add objects such as static aircraft extra tugs, stair trucks, belt loaders, baggage carts etc. Many of these objects I use from existing airport sceneries (if able or format correct) but also from existing libraries like ez scenery etc that I have found on avsim, flightsim etc. Now I stress I do this for my own personal use only, I wouldn’t put any of my additions or changes out there on the internet without permissions from original authors. Having said that I have found that there are not a whole variety of static objects mentioned above. I know there are programs such as gmax  out there but I already spend a lot of time using the objects I already have and just don’t have the time to spend learning those programs let alone the time creating payware like objects that I can insert into fs. Does anyone know of anyone who does create these type objects that could be purchased? After the editing of some 150 airports it would be nice to have additional objects to choose from.

‘thanks, Chris Porter

UK2000 have/had a "Common Library" which was available for free download. Lots of good stuff ;) I believe they've recently dropped support for FS9, so the download may no longer be available, but it's worth a look.

If I remember correctly you'll need to have an "account" with the company, so you'll at least need to register with them, but I don't remember if you have to buy any of their scenery files to establish that account.

I have a very large FS9 setup, which includes very many static library object BGL files, most of which are part of downloaded third party airport sceneries and very many of their related objects can also be used/positioned anywhere in the world via the abacus EZ program ......but ...... quite obviously only for your/my own personal use.

I assume that you are (also) using the EZ dropdown menu, from which a kind of "select all library files" can be selected and  If selected, the program will scan all your scenery folder(s) every time it opens and will list any found library BGLs, of which their related objects can then be used/positioned in 3D anywhere in the world. This in addition to any existing EZ and RWY12 objects. It's especially handy for non specific scenery objects like trees, hangars, vehicles, etc but somewhat less for airport related terminals and buildings, etc,

If you already knew all this then please disregard this post.

Regards

Hans

I’ll have to try out UK2000 website. I do have their freeware airports (the older ones. Hans, thanks for your comments also but yes I’ve been doing what you have. Just seems there are only about six third party airports that have the quality of static objects I like to use. All other sceneries I’m unable to use as they are not usable with the abacus ez program ( they just don’t show up or are outside the area of use, or multiple objects are grouped together unseparateable.) it would be nice if there was someone out there that created good quality objects available for purchase. Would be nice also if with purchasing a payware airport they would make objects in those sceneries available to be used in adding more “eye candy” to those airports if so desired, even if it meant making the objects available only to that specific area (airport). When I add to third party airports (payware and freeware) I like the airport to look as it would during it’s busiest day/time of the year. Worked on the ramp at Ted Stevens Intl airport up here in Anchorage Alaska for a couple years and it was great when the airport was busy.

thanks, Chris Porter