Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Aerosoft CRJ 500/700 Update 1.0.5.0

I have luckily had zero issues with the updates, but there still seems problems with the AP where it suddenly either goes into a suicidal dive, or just losses the heading and wanders off like the A320 used to some months ago. ILS has had it's issues as well, but i now just hand fly final which i find pretty enjoyable.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

I have luckily had zero issues with the updates, but there still seems problems with the AP where it suddenly either goes into a suicidal dive, or just losses the heading and wanders off like the A320 used to some months ago. ILS has had it's issues as well, but i now just hand fly final which i find pretty enjoyable.

Were you able to do an Rnav approach with it?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

And to answer the question about the drunken sailo.. I mean the LNAV and turns, it is a bit better than before, but it still does the S turns every time it gets to a waypoint turn. Just did a 40 degree turn, and it had to correct itself 3 times (first the initial turn, then correcting the overturn, then turning back on the lnav path). 

Can somebody who understand coding tell me what the big problem is to let the plane fly straight from one waypoint to the other - can`t figure out that ? 🤔

( But I am not very familiar with code programming.. )

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

The main issue is to code the lnav logic so it takes into account the flying characteristics at the various performance settings I think. You can see the flight director commanding turns, and the plane is slow to comply. 

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

I bought my CRJ from Just Flight, their latest update is still 1030, and no mention about any future updates yet?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

41 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Can somebody who understand coding tell me what the big problem is to let the plane fly straight from one waypoint to the other - can`t figure out that ? 🤔

( But I am not very familiar with code programming.. )

cheers 😉

I never programmed an autopilot before for a flight simulator. But you can kind of guess what's needed for a proper autopilot.  My guess is, the autopilot doesn't really just go from point A to point B.  That would be straight forward and easy to implement.  What an autopilot does is, change the aileron and rudder angles of the plane, to get on the autopilot path from point A to point B.  The former is easy to do (if you don't have to worry about aileron and rudder angles, and wind conditions, and flap settings, and the altitude and speed of the airplane), the latter is much harder to do.  For the latter, if the autopilot needs to constantly change the aileron and rudder angles, it also needs to do it in consideration of the flap settings the user is using as well and take into account the constantly changing wind.

So something that you would have imagined that should be straight forward to program - just going from point A to point B - has now become infinitely more complicated if you now need to consider wind conditions, flaps, keeping the plane at the target altitude and target speed, in order to to set the right aileron and rudder angles for the plane to get onto the path from point A to point B. And this is an autopilot where the plane is flying at a steady altitude and steady speed.  I can't imagine the additional complexity added in for the autopilot when the altitude can change and when the speed can change as well.

I guess this is why it took the FBW team so long to implement their own autopilot logic.  Maybe one of the FBW developers can give you a more comprehensive answer (I am just guessing at what needs to be done for autopilot logic but I have never done it before or looked into how to do it).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Were you able to do an Rnav approach with it?

I have not tried to be honest. I just got fed up with it not catching the glideslop  at times ( it seemed to be better prior to the first update.), and now just fly it in following the Pappi's.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

2 minutes ago, Car147 said:

I have not tried to be honest. I just got fed up with it not catching the glideslop  at times ( it seemed to be better prior to the first update.), and now just fly it in following the Pappi's.

I just saw over at the aerosoft forums that the crj isnt rnav capable. That is true to life, though 🙂 

• Like 2

Andreas Stangenes

The real life CRJ can fly RNAV approaches, just not RF legs. RNAV approaches are flown in NAV mode and V/S mode down to LNAV minima. Depending on the software version of the FMS, also down to LNAV/VNAV minima provided weather is ISA conditions or better with regards to temperature mostly.

• Like 1

As for my 2cents:

I don't work for AS but did and do test the CRJ and also provide some support (in my spare time) for the customers. I even went that far and provided 1 one 1 support over TeamViewer or Discord for 2 or 3 more "demanding" customers. In most of the cases, the reported issue did not had anything to do with the CRJ but other inerfeering AddOns, or badly set up controllers etc.

We are a pack of testers from diferent countries, with different PCs, different setups, etc...you get the point. As soon as a "complain" comes in, this entire pack of testers (including the DEV team) try to reproduce the issue. So what is to be done when none of these guys can reproduce it? We face a big question mark and of course we start the normal debug steps (also well known from other sim's 😉) : clear the community folder, reset your assignements, check running addons,....and somethimes the customers ere becomming more and more unreasonable.

Let's look at this thread which has 2 or 3 pages of bashing the product by: @Andreas Stangenes, @pmplayer, @Nuno Pinto, @Nyxx, @bumpywindshear and the list can continue.

As it turned out @Andreas Stangenes did found the culprit and it wasn't the CRJ. I take the time here to actualy thank him for posting hes findings here in this thread and I also have to thank him for taking hes time to try to solve it -THANK YOU-

Now back to the bashing ones: how many of you came back to this thread to comment this finding (when it AGAIN turned out it wasn't the CRJ????)

• Like 2

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

3 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

As for my 2cents:

I don't work for AS but did and do test the CRJ and also provide some support (in my spare time) for the customers. I even went that far and provided 1 one 1 support over TeamViewer or Discord for 2 or 3 more "demanding" customers. In most of the cases, the reported issue did not had anything to do with the CRJ but other inerfeering AddOns, or badly set up controllers etc.

We are a pack of testers from diferent countries, with different PCs, different setups, etc...you get the point. As soon as a "complain" comes in, this entire pack of testers (including the DEV team) try to reproduce the issue. So what is to be done when none of these guys can reproduce it? We face a big question mark and of course we start the normal debug steps (also well known from other sim's 😉) : clear the community folder, reset your assignements, check running addons,....and somethimes the customers ere becomming more and more unreasonable.

Let's look at this thread which has 2 or 3 pages of bashing the product by: @Andreas Stangenes, @pmplayer, @Nuno Pinto, @Nyxx, @bumpywindshear and the list can continue.

As it turned out @Andreas Stangenes did found the culprit and it wasn't the CRJ. I take the time here to actualy thank him for posting hes findings here in this thread and I also have to thank him for taking hes time to try to solve it -THANK YOU-

Now back to the bashing ones: how many of you came back to this thread to comment this finding (when it AGAIN turned out it wasn't the CRJ????)

Hey I believe you that happens a lot. I hope now that at least 1 tester have a 1 axis throttle configuration going forward as this was a big pain in the word not allowed. I do tip my hat to how fast Aerosoft did correct the issue. 

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

2 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I hope now that at least 1 tester have a 1 axis throttle configuration going forward as this was a big pain in the word not allowed.

Your assumption is correct!

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

(...) bashing the product by: @Andreas Stangenes, @pmplayer, @Nuno Pinto, @Nyxx, @bumpywindshear and the list can continue. (...)

Bashing? I actually said that Hans goes the extra mile in trying to fix his code to the best of his ability. The CRJ does have problems (i don't own it because it's not too reliable in P3D, and it seems it's not working THAT good in MSFS yet), so this comes a long way from "bashing" it.

So, go back one page or two and re-read what i wrote. What i "bashed" as you like to say it, was Aerosoft's forum management which, at times, seems to be run by a bunch of kids with attitude and i stopped participating in there. Yay, problem solved.

• Like 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I hope taking up issues by the customers isnt perceived as "bashing". I guess that can explain the "sheriff" and hostile attitude at times in the aerosoft forums. Honestly, I dont find more issues with Aerosoft planes than I do with most other developers. And yes, fair is fair - when I voice an issue and it turns out to be something else, it is fair to bring that back to the table. The "dead on arrival" issue I was having turned out to be some conflict with another software, but the drunken sailor tendencies on the lnav in turns still stands. I guess many people, my self included, wouldn't want to voice any issues over at the "support forum" unless it was really needed. Because of the (lack of) customer support and the terrible tone with which they answer their customers many times (well documented right here on avsim). 

However, my main gripe with Aerosoft isnt their plane. It is their customer support forum, which is more supportive of Aerosoft and directly oppressive to the customers (unless you always find a diplomatic way of voicing your concerns, which isnt a realistic expectation considering they are selling their product world wide, across many cultures and age groups). With that said, my most positive experiences with that company has been some of the testers. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes
  • Like 3

Andreas Stangenes

2 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

As for my 2cents:

Aerosoft are a wonderfull company there forums are  the most friendy and hell bent on careing for the customers and always treat them all with the upmost respect.

Andreas finding out it was FSUIP was good for him. He has shown how much help and surport you all gave him. The CRJ flys perfectly along with all AS products. I my self when seeking surport was given the up most resept with " I dont have the fault so just what to you want me to report" perfect. 

All my love and best wishers AS love you xxx

Your never arrogant, talk down to someone in a tone that’s comes across like there not fit to lick you shoes, but always hunble and caring.

Night night god bless I am now off with the fairy’s to fly to the stars to meet the fairly god mother.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip