Sign in to follow this  
Flows

New VR Build any Suggestions for improvements?

RTX 3090 Graphics Card
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Processor
ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI) X570
G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
2x Gigabyte AORUS 1TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe SSD
Corsair RM850 850W 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular Power Supply
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro DVD 64-Bit - OEM
Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black CPU Cooler
Fractal Design Define 7 Mid Tower Black White Tempered Glass Clear
HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset With Controllers
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudders
Honeycomb Alpha Yoke
Honeycomb Bravo Quadrant
Dell Professional P2219HE 21.5" FHD IPS WLED Monitor

All looks fine to me.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Only thing I would suggest is to get a case that has a mesh front rather than a solid one.  I think the case makers are realising this and many more are on the market.  

I have a Corsair case that used to have a glass front with side vents - a bit like the one you've chosen other than glass at the front rather than sheet metal - but couldn't get decent temperatures even at modest loading.  I took the front glass panel out and put some mesh in its place to stop me sticking my fingers in the front fans and immediately got a 15-20 degree drop in CPU temp and around 10 degree drop in GPU.  The Noctua (great choice, by the way) shifts massive amounts of air, but you've got to be able to allow the replenishing cool air in otherwise it will restrict its effectiveness.

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

11 hours ago, Flows said:

Thanks guys, any improvement on the yoke do we think?

Honeycomb is top of the line right now!

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I have heard rumours that AMD processors may have trouble with WMR headsets. I'd give you a reference but I don't have time right now. Having said that, I have a Reverb Gen 1 and I absolutely love it. You'll love the Gen 2 no doubt.

Honeycomb is great, but the yoko + is in another league. It is all metal, has such a lovely solid feel too it. Closest to the real thing I have ever experienced 

beta.gif