Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

MSFS 2020 Grumman G44A Widgeon beta

Flysimware LCC is proud to release our first MSFS2020 aircraft. The Grumman G44A Widgeon is a beta version. Check out the checklist as we custom coded this to the extreme with the ability to set the events yourself or have the copilot set them for you. This Grumman G44A is also an amphibian so check out the lakes, rivers and oceans in the new sim. i can now say i know how to develop for this sim now as we put 100% every native feature in this project. Customs sounds, Active checklist, Behaviors type of code which allows all the new features, GLTF models, amazing sounds created with Wwise which allows sounds to react based on events and much much more.....🤪
There is no user manual yet. You can report issues here on Avsim. 

Edited by Flysimware

57 minutes ago, dukeoflothier said:

Hello, I cannot get this aircraft to install, it says G:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages is not correct

Packages is not correct, Wherever you installed MSFS, create a "Community" subfolder right underneath it.  It will be MSFS\ Community/. I've installed about 50 addons in that directory, they all show in sim.

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I went a got it. Final Install box will not let me change or browse to the correct folder, it also throws up a run-time error box. Paid for it but install goes KaPuttt. Will have to wait for new installer, Me Thinks.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 hour ago, jimcarrel said:

I went a got it. Final Install box will not let me change or browse to the correct folder, it also throws up a run-time error box. Paid for it but install goes KaPuttt. Will have to wait for new installer, Me Thinks.

Based on posts above and on the AVSIM MSFS forum, it certainly seems like there is an installer problem, especially for MSFS Steam users. I will try to contact Mark (FSW) today and make sure he is aware. Installers can be tricky, and this is FSW's first MSFS release so I'm not totally surprised if it turns out there is a bit of a learning curve going on. This is probably why the Grumman was initially released as a Beta. Mark is support oriented, so I'm sure he will get on this quickly.

Al

Edited by ark

I am working on the installer issue right now and will send out a notification asap when fixed.

Beta 1.1 is now ready to download.

This fixed the installer issues and the water crash issue.😇

I've gotten the aircraft downloaded and installed, but I'm in sim now and nothing is interactive, the left rudder is pushed all the way in, and nothing is animated. It's like the plane is frozen in time, I can hear the yoke moving but it doesn't move. The gear are also up, though the plane is tied down. Am I missing something obvious? I did click Ready to Fly of course. I've tried both cold and dark and on the runway, same issue.

Edit to say that Mark mentioned there's a new issue for Steam users that may be causing this and he's working on a new version which he'll upload soon!

Edited by dukeoflothier
added info

GA, vintage propliner and Cold War-era jet aficionado
💜 Stardrifter - Twitch 📹 LostPilot - YouTube

Steam users......Beta 1.2 is ready to download.

MAKE SURE TO USE THE UNINSTALLER FIRST FROM WINDOWS ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS TO CLEAN UP THE UNUSED FILES AND WRONG LOCATION SO NO NEW ISSUES ARISE.

We are now working on why s few analog gauges decided to stop working. maybe an update tomorrow or late tonight.

2 hours ago, dukeoflothier said:

I've gotten the aircraft downloaded and installed, but I'm in sim now and nothing is interactive, the left rudder is pushed all the way in, and nothing is animated. It's like the plane is frozen in time, I can hear the yoke moving but it doesn't move. The gear are also up, though the plane is tied down. Am I missing something obvious? I did click Ready to Fly of course. I've tried both cold and dark and on the runway, same issue.

Edit to say that Mark mentioned there's a new issue for Steam users that may be causing this and he's working on a new version which he'll upload soon!

beta 1.2 fixed that. Read the post above as you need to uninstall first.

• Like 1

Great job @Flysimware this addon is wonderful now that it's up and running. The few gauges that aren't working are the only bugs I found but I know you're aware of them. I did notice once landed I couldn't get the flaps past 15 degrees, I figure this might actually be normal so I'm not thinking it's a bug but wanted to ask.

Only other small visual issues I saw:

• When the cabin light is turned on, the actual light itself isn't illuminated (even though it does light up the cockpit.)
  • Water clips through the cabin, not sure if there's any way around that in the SDK

My personal wishlist for the final version:

• Sound attenuation when opening and closing the windows.
  • Slightly louder/beefier engine sounds
  • It'd be neat to be able to control the lights like you can in the P.149 (swivel and brightness) but this is minor as the lights really are aimed at the best locations already
  • Openable cargo area up front (super minor, just a little extra touch, but maybe clicking would add/remove cargo and affect the weight/CoG?
  • On the exterior, the only part I really notice being low-res is the nose cone over the panel because you are inevitably looking at it a lot. It'd be nice if that spot had high rest textures/model, not asking for 3d rivets but just a slight upgrade.
  • This one would probably be hard, but it'd be awesome if when you had the nose down at the right angle you'd get the "splash" which would be a brief forward rain effect on the glass that fades or something, but I'm sure rain effects are tied to weather right now and probably can't be manually triggered. For reference, I've timestamped the thing I'm talking about: 

Can't say enough how much this aircraft is worth every penny even in its beta state, at least once the stuck gauges are working again. Great sounds, animations, and flight model. Thank you for adding interactive checklists and custom views!

Edited by dukeoflothier
add another wishlist item

GA, vintage propliner and Cold War-era jet aficionado
💜 Stardrifter - Twitch 📹 LostPilot - YouTube

1 hour ago, dukeoflothier said:

The few gauges that aren't working are the only bugs I found but I know you're aware of them.

Mark has fixed the altimeter and ADI, which were totally INOP, and hopes to get an update out today if possible.

I recently noticed that the Turn & Bank indicator while 'working' (i.e., it moves), does not seem to work correctly in that I could not keep the ball centered while doing a standard rate turn. For example, when in a left turn the ball would move out to the right, but 'stepping on the ball' (stepping on the right rudder) to center the ball would then stop the turn as if the intent was to put the a/c into a cross control slip. I'd like to know if anyone else is seeing this, or if the problem is just something with my setup. If could be this issue is all part of the gauges problem that Mark has already fixed, but if someone else is also seeing this problem I want to make Mark aware so he can check it.

Thanks,

Al

beta 1.3 is available to download.

This fixed the exterior LOD models so you can see the animations as you zoom out.

All gauges are now working.

=========================

Next we are fixing the missing bulbs from the interior models as they were working before. 

Clock backlight stuck on.

Clickable panel lights from the red lamp housings knob. The overhead panel works for now.

Engine cools down too fast.

And we will read and check any reported issues.

=======================

This video demonstrates a demo of our custom checklist that allows you or the copilot to complete the checklist step.