Sign in to follow this  
zkerr8

P3Dv5 HF2 - STUTTERS/FRAME RATE DROP

Lately I have been experiencing massive stutters/FPS drops when approaching/departing airports near shorelines - my frame rates are fixed at 30fps....when I depart or arrive at an airport near a shoreline, the frames drop massively - actually they yo yo from 30 to 10 to 30 to 15 to 30....it looks like the following: 

Again, it only happens near shorelines....and only when flying between altitudes of say 2500 feet to 10,000 - once above or below those altitudes, the sim is smooth as butter.  Any ideas what can be causing it?

My rig looks like this:  Intel I9 @ 3.7GHz w/ 32GB RAM, Nvidia TITAN RTX w/ 32GB, and everything is running on solid state drives.

Edited by zkerr8

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

Hey Zach, you write that "lately" you have been experiencing stutters. So, the question is what triggered a change in performance. Have you in any way altered your computer, perhaps a W10 update or a new driver. Did you change any configurations within the sim itself? Since one size does not fit all, any number of issues could have caused this change. 

Have you added any new scenery which might pose a conflict?

Have you monitored the internal temperatures of your computer. CPUs can cause all sorts of issues when they overheat.

Do you used any of the ORBX scenery products? If so, go into ORBX CENTRAL and look for the Gear icon at the top right. Click for a drop down menu. One option is HELP. Within HELP is the option to resynchronize the sim. Give that a try.

One more thought....delete prep3d.cfg and let it rebuild. That would put the sim back to plain vanilla, so you might want to personalize settings. But, it also gives you a fresh baseline that might eliminate your stuttering.

So, there are a few things to consider. Good luck...hope you get to the bottom of the problem.

Sherm

Edited by shermank

Thanks Sherm…..i will give it try. 

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

Did that work?  I'm having an issue where the frame rates do what yours does and also after a brief period, it goes down to 6fps or so, unusable.