Sign in to follow this  
Guest defpotec

Aces new Train Simulator

Guest bustervk

Now it's more clear why for instance parts of the FSX SDK like the Object Placement Tool are having serious bugs...ACES had splitted up their effort into 2 teams, FSX and the Train Sim.So the Final-Qualitycheck of FSX before selling it, was a minor part of their job.However I do hope that the comming SP1 will solve most of our problems.Good luck ACES with your Train Sim and...FSX-SP1Kind regardsBertEHTW

Guest bustervk

>Now it's more clear why for instance parts of the FSX SDK>like the Object Placement Tool are having serious bugs...>>ETCsorry double posted!bert

>Now it's more clear why for instance parts of the FSX SDK>like the Object Placement Tool are having serious bugs...>>ACES had splitted up their effort into 2 teams, FSX and the>Train Sim.>So the Final-Qualitycheck of FSX before selling it, was a>minor part of their job.>However I do hope that the comming SP1 will solve most of our>problems.Bert, what leads you believe this is what happened? Do you think ACES is a "one trick pony?" They are quite capable of hiring additional staff as needed to handle multiple projects.While only one of the folks involved with FSX development is known to have shifted from FSX to Trainsim development (there might have been others), even he (tdragger) waited until his replacement was hired and trained before dropping FSX altogether.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>think ACES is a "one trick pony?" They are quite capable of>hiring additional staff as needed to handle multiple>projects.>...plus isn't it true that Microsoft Games division (aka ACES) has many many titles under their belt, and in development, all the time?? Didn't ACES to Age of Empires, for example?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Shalomar

Not to get off topic, but what does the acronym ACES stand for?Best Regards, Donny :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest AkeldamaUK

Age of Empires comes from Ensemble Studios.----Bert you don't seem to understand game development. Just because a studio is working on more than one title it doesn't mean that it is losing focus on one of them. You use the people you need to get the job done, just throwing staff at a project achieves nothing.

They say the train sim is going to use the FSX engine. I also heard you will be able to multiplay the two together.The performance hit from two FSX engined sims running at the same time is reported to actually give negative FPS, and the lower your negative FPS, the faster you will go back in time. All sliders to the right on both sims and you'll be a ten year-old by lunch.

Microsoft Game Studios (MGS) is the overall department that develops and/or publishes games (XBox and Games for Windows (GfW) ).ACES is a single studio within the MS Game Studios, that does simulation related software.Age was published by MGS, but ACES had nothing to do with it :->

Ok that's right. It seems like Microsoft did do some sort of Civilization-type game one time. Maybe I am just hallucinating...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

>They say the train sim is going to use the FSX engine. I also>heard you will be able to multiplay the two together.>>The performance hit from two FSX engined sims running at the>same time is reported to actually give negative FPS, and the>lower your negative FPS, the faster you will go back in time.>All sliders to the right on both sims and you'll be a ten>year-old by lunch.I'd say that would be really neat. (The multiplay of Train Sim and FSX...not becoming a 10-year-old.) Trains and Planes...I like both.Actually becoming a 10-year-old would have it's advantages...but..nah, I couldn't have a Heineken as a 10-yr-old.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

>Now it's more clear why for instance parts of the FSX SDK>like the Object Placement Tool are having serious bugs...>>ACES had splitted up their effort into 2 teams, FSX and the>Train Sim.>So the Final-Qualitycheck of FSX before selling it, was a>minor part of their job.>However I do hope that the comming SP1 will solve most of our>problems.>>Good luck ACES with your Train Sim and...FSX-SP1>>Kind regards>Bert>EHTW>We're not talking about 3 guys in their basement. As has already been stated in another thread, there is a completely separate team working on Train Sim. Why would you state something like this that you have absolutely ZERO facts to back up?

Guest christianholmes

They are doing a Train sim? Weird- Train Simulator 2 was cancelled awhile back. And according to a very knowledgeable source, it was purchased by EA or Activision (don't remember) who are working on it now.Is there more information on this? MS Train Sim was actually pretty fun for a change.