Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Flysimware Grumman Widgeon out

While all this hype about upcoming DC-6 new version of Widgeo rolled out. Featured autopilot and other great improvements! Hats off for developers!

unknown.png?width=2102&height=1182

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Can't say it was a plane I felt needed an AP but the option is nice 🙂

8 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Can't say it was a plane I felt needed an AP but the option is nice 🙂

Well for us long haulers it's super nice feature! 🙂

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

7 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Well for us long haulers it's super nice feature! 🙂

Absolutely.

Nothing wrong with extra features to support different styles of play 🙂

Just downloaded the latest update AP will be nice IMO

Mark, STELLAR work. LOVE It... this is one of my Top 5 GA aircraft in MSFS now. The interior looks great now, and AP addition is great for long cruises. Thankfully, it's a very basic AP. 

So... Missing textures. Here are the spots I have identified, hopefully this helps for the next release. So that's it, really. Just a few minor niggles. So... stretchy overhead bottom, the seatbelt, half the ceiling, and the fire extinguisher. 😉

8e9d4810353e6d5ea2ff344b12b9f28c17dd70d9bac468b0b879721a20e71070487bef49a00514d6ecfa965b19eb9985b9bb640745064aa28ab87296c01b44df6258edf847765399b015e19130030a72

5 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

Mark, STELLAR work. LOVE It... this is one of my Top 5 GA aircraft in MSFS now. The interior looks great now, and AP addition is great for long cruises. Thankfully, it's a very basic AP. 

So... Missing textures. Here are the spots I have identified, hopefully this helps for the next release. So that's it, really. Just a few minor niggles. So... stretchy overhead bottom, the seatbelt, half the ceiling, and the fire extinguisher. 😉

8e9d4810353e6d5ea2ff344b12b9f28c17dd70d9bac468b0b879721a20e71070487bef49a00514d6ecfa965b19eb9985b9bb640745064aa28ab87296c01b44df6258edf847765399b015e19130030a72

i new about the overhead stretching issue as i sent everyone an email. But the other issues of missing textures and the ceiling which is missing it's texture was a mistake i made as i forgot to update the installer as i introduced new textures to produce better 4K results. So thanks for sharing this as i plan to release B1.8 tonight and will remember to also update the installer to look at all the new files.

• Like 1

I downloaded 1.7 this morning, just finished flying it. I may have missed the area under overhead, but I sure didn't have problems with the extinguisher on back wall, I did remember to check that.

Didn't really notice the other things that were listed.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

getting ready to try 1.8 out.  Just waiting for MSFS to boot up...

Having a great flight off the coast of NC.  The textures look great.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Flysimware said:

i new about the overhead stretching issue as i sent everyone an email. But the other issues of missing textures and the ceiling which is missing it's texture was a mistake i made as i forgot to update the installer as i introduced new textures to produce better 4K results. So thanks for sharing this as i plan to release B1.8 tonight and will remember to also update the installer to look at all the new files.

No worries, Mark. Just trying to help however I am able. Thanks for getting 1.8 out quickly - I was spending some time with the new PMDG DC-6 so haven't had a chance to download this until now. Gonna give it a shot tomorrow and see what I see. 🙂 Thanks again for everything, you rock. 

• Like 1

I found there is a secret to adding a camera definition manually called shadow center and this removes light that bleeds into the interior model. For example look at the rear wall. That will not longer show up the next update.🥳

• Like 1

We are adding more realism!!! Been working on learning as much as i can about this bird as i am sure there is room for more systems.

Because of hardware limitations we are adding an option on the copilot clipboard so you can select if you want the realism or not and it will save that option when you save a flight. Or just enable the option if you load a fresh flight. The reason for the option is that if you use a gear lever on hardware like a Honeycomb or Saitek unit then the mouse control for the lever will no longer work. So for those users who prefer to fly with unrealistic aircraft and just use hardware to lower and raise gear can do so. But they could save another joystick profile to disable the hardware gear lever and use our realistic code. Then you will use the mouse control. This is probably the first time you will ever see a gear or flaps system like this bird has in a flight sim or for any aircraft you knew.

About the system:

The gear/flaps hydraulic system has their own valve that needs to be open to allow the movement. When the valve(s) are closed the gear or flaps can remain in the position last set. So to set the position you must hold the gear lever in the up or down position. Once fully retracted or extended or you have the desired flaps position you can let go of the handle as it springs back to the center position thus closing that valve.

If there is a left engine failure or a pump failure the hydraulic pressure will be lost. So you must place the gear lever in the up or down position and use the lock thumb latches to keep the lever in place when you use the emergency pump handle. The lock is there so the pilot can have 1 hand free while using the pump lever. Once the gear in in place you must unlock the gear lever otherwise there is no flow through the valves and unreliable operation occurs.

The hydraulic pressure gauge will display as follows:

100 psi when valve open and gear or flaps in transition.
0 psi when valve open and gear or flaps are fully extended or retracted.
950 psi backpressure when valve is closed.

Should be in our next update as we are about to wrap up the beta for this bird.

We also found out that the 3 annunciator lights were not for the markers but for the gear. 

mJPNy9I.jpeg

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Flysimware said:

We are adding more realism!!! Been working on learning as much as i can about this bird as i am sure there is room for more systems.

Because of hardware limitations we are adding an option on the copilot clipboard so you can select if you want the realism or not and it will save that option when you save a flight. Or just enable the option if you load a fresh flight. The reason for the option is that if you use a gear lever on hardware like a Honeycomb or Saitek unit then the mouse control for the lever will no longer work. So for those users who prefer to fly with unrealistic aircraft and just use hardware to lower and raise gear can do so. But they have the choice to save a setting that disables the hardware gear lever and use our realistic code. Then you will use the mouse control. This is probably the first time you will ever see a gear or flaps system like this bird has in a flight sim or for any aircraft you knew.

About the system:

The gear/flaps hydraulic system has their own valve that needs to be open to allow the movement. When the valve(s) are closed the gear or flaps can remain in the position last set. So to set the position you must hold the gear lever in the up or down position. Once fully retracted or extended or you have the desired flaps position you can let go of the handle as it springs back to the center position thus closing that valve.

If there is a left engine failure or a pump failure the hydraulic pressure will be lost. So you must place the gear lever in the up or down position and use the lock thumb latches to keep the lever in place when you use the emergency pump handle. The lock is there so the pilot can have 1 hand free while using the pump lever. Once the gear in in place you must unlock the gear lever otherwise there is no flow through the valves and unreliable operation occurs.

Should be in our next update as we are about to wrap up the beta for this bird.

We also found out that the 3 annunciator lights were not for the markers but the gear. 

mJPNy9I.jpeg

Love it! Looking forward to it! This has quickly become my go-to bird for GA right along with Just Flight's Arrows. 

• Like 1