Sign in to follow this  
GermanCaptain

Voice is not recognized anymore

Hello everyone,

I recently got the problem that from one flight to another, FS2Crew does not recognize my voice anymore. I first noticed it in the T7 but checked also for the NGXu: same problem.

It has been working flawlessly for years but suddenly stopped working.

I checked back for any changed settings and also checked the internet/forums for possible reasons why it stopped working but without any success.

Everything is set up just like it was when it still worked. ( Including the system settings as given in the FS2Crew manuals)

Is there any additional known reason for FS2Crew to suddenly stop working?

Best regards,

10 hours ago, GermanCaptain said:

Hello everyone,

I recently got the problem that from one flight to another, FS2Crew does not recognize my voice anymore. I first noticed it in the T7 but checked also for the NGXu: same problem.

It has been working flawlessly for years but suddenly stopped working.

I checked back for any changed settings and also checked the internet/forums for possible reasons why it stopped working but without any success.

Everything is set up just like it was when it still worked. ( Including the system settings as given in the FS2Crew manuals)

Is there any additional known reason for FS2Crew to suddenly stop working?

Best regards,

It was probably a 3rd party audio driver that silently installed.

Uninstall your current audio driver.

Re-start Windows... Windows should auto re-install the generic Windows audio driver.

Two others things to check for:

Make sure "Nahamic" and / or "Asus Sonic Studio" are not running in the background.  If they are, disable / uninstall them.

They're known to interfere with 3rd party apps that use the Microsoft speech recognition engine.

On 6/6/2021 at 6:41 AM, byork said:

It was probably a 3rd party audio driver that silently installed.

Uninstall your current audio driver.

Re-start Windows... Windows should auto re-install the generic Windows audio driver.

Two others things to check for:

Make sure "Nahamic" and / or "Asus Sonic Studio" are not running in the background.  If they are, disable / uninstall them.

They're known to interfere with 3rd party apps that use the Microsoft speech recognition engine.

Thank you for your quick response!

So far, I wasn't able to try un-installing the audio driver (active long haul flight 😉 ).

But I did notice that the Nahimic-application was running in the background.

A quick search on the internet did reveal that this program causes several problems but a persistent solution was not provided.

Do you know how to permanently get rid of this program?

Otherwise, I will first try un-installing the current audio driver as soon as possible.

Thank you for your help so far!

Best regards

29 minutes ago, GermanCaptain said:

Thank you for your quick response!

So far, I wasn't able to try un-installing the audio driver (active long haul flight 😉 ).

But I did notice that the Nahimic-application was running in the background.

A quick search on the internet did reveal that this program causes several problems but a persistent solution was not provided.

Do you know how to permanently get rid of this program?

Otherwise, I will first try un-installing the current audio driver as soon as possible.

Thank you for your help so far!

Best regards

I'd uninstall Nahimic first... because Nahamic is your issue.

Try this:

On 6/7/2021 at 11:17 AM, byork said:

I'd uninstall Nahimic first... because Nahamic is your issue.

Hello @byork,

sorry for the late reply.

I didn't manage to uninstall Nahimic and didn't bother trying as it sits in the Win32 directory and I don't want to break stuff.

But what I did was disabling it. 

So far, it seems that everything is working again. Great!

Thank you very much for your support in this issue!

And shame on MS for pushing out such pieces of software which seem to ruin peoples systems...

Best regards!

Glad you got it sorted.

MSI is a huge company...  I'm not the only one who wonders why they don't fix Nahamic.  Same thing with Asus Sonic Studio.

Nahimic can cause problems for many, many different programs.

Just google Nahimic and Asus Sonic Studio 😉

7 minutes ago, byork said:

Glad you got it sorted.

MSI is a huge company...  I'm not the only one who wonders why they don't fix Nahamic.  Same thing with Asus Sonic Studio.

Nahimic can cause problems for many, many different programs.

Just google Nahimic and Asus Sonic Studio 😉

Interestingly, I don't have any MSI component in my build, mostly ASUS components.

And yet, Nahimic has installed itself and was running in the background...

I also disabled ASUS Sonic Studio before which -I think- came with a BIOS / Driver update I performed when upgrading my hardware.

But it is kind of relieveing that I'm not the only one who has to deal with such things what becomes evident going through these forums