Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

Pet Peeves of mine

Love MSFS, closing in on 500 hours. Best sim off all time for me. 
Surprised that the following bugs are still present after 10 months.

Weather
- not accurate most of the times, accept baro pressure
- baro pressure changes sudden, which results in altitude changes when on AP
- lighting comes out of blue sky above the clouds
- rain runs up the windscreen, even when stationary and no wind
- windshield wipers wipe, but don't wipe

Airport Ground vehicle
- kamikaze behaviour on taxiways of all airport ground vehicles

In sim
- sim sends you back to menu, after engine shut down, why?
- full flaps, full speed brake after 'esc' pause
- 'bandwidth too low' message should be able to be switched off by user, appears often on final for me

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

To add to the list:

• The white _^_ showing up whenever I move the mouse. It should really just appear when I move the mouse to the top of the screen.
  • Staircase only staying attached for 89 seconds, then disconnecting and closing the main door automatically.
  • Sensitivity of rudder on ground, even with huge S curves etc. I'm sorry real planes that aren't RC's just don't yaw 20 degrees / second from 1 degree of rudder deflections...

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, Silicus said:

- sim sends you back to menu, after engine shut down, why?

That one is pretty logical.  Your game has ended.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

14 minutes ago, fppilot said:

It's pretty immersion breaking when you're in the middle of your preflight shutdown and boom here's this massive pop-up. There's literally no reason why we shouldn't be able to disable it. 

• Like 13
  • Upvote 3

And that is what makes this game so frustrating. The potential and how they go to about 75% to 90% of the way and then it just nosedives with the quality of every feature. Ugh. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Silicus said:

- full flaps, full speed brake after 'esc' pause
- 'bandwidth too low' message should be able to be switched off by user, appears often on final for me

The first was fixed with SU4 for me. The second I haven't seen since early days, despite dodgy Sky broadband..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

The white _^_ showing up whenever I move the mouse. It should really just appear when I move the mouse to the top of the screen.

Thankfully, easily fixed.

• Like 5

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

It's not logical at all. Pausing my sim and forcing me into a logbook menu on what very well could be a turnaround is a terrible mechanic.

Even if I'm ending my flight, the end comes after the jet-bridge has attached, the checklists completed, the baggage unloaded, and after a few replays of my landing and a final admiring the gorgeous view of the plane at the gate.

26 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Thankfully, easily fixed.

Thank you so much! Wish I found this 6 months ago.

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

Hit the nail on the head  GAME😟

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Silicus said:

sim sends you back to menu, after engine shut down, why?

This is good game design. The game is over. Insert coin

• Like 1

some of these issues have already been fix and to be honest they are extremely minors in the overall scheme of things.

• Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

easily fixed, 

as a 'turnaround' was referenced in a later post on this thread, simply assign a key to you avionics master, and then select that off, it wont effect the cockpit switching.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

5 hours ago, Silicus said:

kamikaze behaviour on taxiways of all airport ground vehicles

Not just taxiways, had one coming down a runway earlier while I was fixing to takeoff. Instead of going down to where taxiways crossed the runway, he came out where a taxiway was only on one side of the runway, proceeded to drive a good ways down the runway towards me until he reached a taxiway to finish his crossing.

James