Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

[Solved] Time differential problem in v5.1 at Minnesota

I’ve been using AIG Ai together with Ai_Companion in P3D v5.1 for some time.

Yesterday whilst checking that a business jet on an 8 week cycle departed KMSP at the correct time it became apparent there was a problem. The aircraft was not loaded into the sim when I changed the date/time to 15 mins before departure. When I set the time to an hour earlier it did.

After investigation it transpires the time difference between KMSP and GMT/UT should be five hours. But P3D v5.1 has it set to six. Consequently all aircraft are departing one hour earlier than they should be.

Can those of you with v5.1 locate to KMSP and in the Date/Time field check what you have for the time differential compared to GMT/UT please?

This problem wasn’t there in v4 I’m told.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

I started a scenario where I landed last (KSPS) and checked the time which was correct for UTC.  I then moved the aircraft to KMSP and again checked the UTC time, it was correct.  

At least for me the time is correct in V5.1, 🙂

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

@BlueStar, it’s not the UT I’m interested in. What was the local time and the offset from UT.

It should be five hours. I’m seeing six. What do you see?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@BlueStar, it’s not the UT I’m interested in. What was the local time and the offset from UT.

It should be five hours. I’m seeing six. What do you see?

The local time was correct.   🙂

46 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

The local time was correct.   🙂

I hate to be pedantic but could you tell me the time difference please. Five or six hours.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

I just loaded P3D v5.1 at KMSP with a local time of 13h18, and GMT time was 18:18 (GMT-5)

Edited by NBouc
  • Like 1

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

@NBouc, thanks for that. Why I’m getting 6 is baffling. Maybe I need to reinstall the client but given I’ve only had v5 for a few months it would be an unusual thing to have to do.

Ive posted in the LM forum but they never seem to answer so not sure where else to turn.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

38 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I hate to be pedantic but could you tell me the time difference please. Five or six hours.

Five hours difference.  

• Like 1

Ray, is your date and time set in summer or winter when you get GMT-6 ?

If I set time in winter, I have GMT-6 in P3D (which is correct since KMSP is on Standard Time in winter (Nov. to March).

If I set time in summer, I have GMT-5 in P3D (which is correct since KMSP is on Daylight Saving Time in summer (March to Nov.).

Just a thought.

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

42 minutes ago, NBouc said:

Ray, is your date and time set in summer or winter when you get GMT-6 ?

I’m not sure I follow you. I use SimStarterNG to launch P3D plus various extra programs. I have four scenarios - one for each aircraft type.

The Date / Time I select in SimStarter for each of them is “system date and time”. That would appear to be the safest and most logical option.

I remember in FSX there was a rebuild of BGLs around the time the clocks changed in spring and autumn. I’m not convinced that’s happening in P3D. I just checked v4 and that has the same offset for KMSP - 6 hours.

The problem exists at UK airports too. Local time in summer should be Zulu + 1 but I see the same time with and without UTC Time checked. Do you see a 1 hour offset for EGLL and EGCC?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Do you see a 1 hour offset for EGLL and EGCC?

Yes I do. Local time at EGLL and EGCC is 1 hour ahead of UTC in P3D (1500 lcl for 1400z)

• Upvote 1

Normand

9 minutes ago, NBouc said:

Yes I do. Local time at EGLL and EGCC is 1 hour ahead of UTC in P3D (1500 lcl for 1400z)

Aarrgghh!!! 😫 I’ll check the date and time in prepar3D.cfg. It might be that causing the issue.

Appreciate your feedback. Such a small but annoying issue.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I hear you. Always annoying when the cause is not obvious and has our head spinning. I remember that in FSX, I was using an addon "timezone BGL", but I am not in P3D. Would you be using such a BGL in P3D for the timezones ? I suppose you are not, but just in case ...

Normand

1 minute ago, NBouc said:

Would you be using such a BGL in P3D for the timezones ? I suppose you are not, but just in case ...

Yes, SimElite Time Zone Fixer. It appears to make no difference which is doubly annoying.

I’ll start off by checking the date/time in P3D.cfg. If it has a date back in the winter that might explain the problem. It has to be something simple.

The problem exists even when I launch v5.1 directly so I don’t suspect SimStarter.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@NBouc, my default startup was dated 14/3/21 - before the clocks went forward. I deleted it in P3D.cfg and created a new one based at my home airport in my own time zone. Restarted P3D but the problem still persists with Local and UT time showing the same when there should be a 1 hour difference.

Minnesota shows as UT - 6 when it should be -5. Dubai shows as UT + 4 which is correct.

My build number is 5.1.12.26829. Are you running the same build?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather