Sign in to follow this  
alpineb

Not loading the latest AIRAC from Navigraph?

Hi there - first off, thanks for a great tool.

One small snag - when I launch its not pulling in the latest AIRAC 2105 and showing the default 1801 - I have a current and active Navigraph account and its working fine with MSFS and other add-ons like Pilot2ATC.

I've checked that the settings and pathway in Navigraph FMS Manager are correct and also applied the manual approach suggested in your blog. But still no joy.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

Brendan

I have a PC with stuff in it

It's enough download from Navigraph repository current AIRAC native package (should have  "_native" in the name) for LNM, unpack and copy file little_navmap_navigraph.sqlite into little_navmap_db directory under LNM installation tree.
Then, after launching - the LNM should ask whether make upgrade its database to newest Navigraph data 🙂

That's all to do. As I know there is also Navigraph installator  in .exe format (for MS Windows only) but I've never used it as I'm Linux user. The method described above works under any OS - MS Windows, MAcOS and Linux.

Regards,
Piotr

Edited by ppgas

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

Hi Piotr,

Issue resolved.

I downloaded manually from the Navigraph website as you suggested and it worked fine and in on 2015. Thank you!

For others reference, there were a few differences in Window 10:

- When extracted the zip only give an .exe file (no .sqlite shown in the folder - hidden files were visible)

- Launching this does the installation to the correct folder automatically - no need to use Explorer to find the right filepath.

- When launching LNM afterwards there was no prompt to update the database to newest - the .exe had already done this.

All very painless, but it would have been nice if the Navigraph FMS data manager app or LNM had synched... 

KRs

Brendan

1 hour ago, alpineb said:

- When extracted the zip only give an .exe file (no .sqlite shown in the folder - hidden files were visible)

Probably you've downloaded lnm_2105.zip package - it includes only .exe install file.
The package I wrote about is named lnm_native_2105.zip and after unpack this inside you can find .sqlite file 😄

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

Ah, yes you are right. But its still showing 2105 when I launch LNM, so all good!

1 minute ago, alpineb said:

Ah, yes you are right. But its still showing 2105 when I launch LNM, so all good!

It doesn't matter whether you install .exe or native package. Both are the same in the meaning of navigation database,
the only difference is installer - .exe installer installs automatically after clicking/launching but only works under MS Windows, that's why _native packages were/are created
what is nice for non-Windows users 🙂

Regards,
Piotr

I had this same issue (for cycle 2018) and this solution worked for me - many thanks. No idea why the Navigraph FMS data manager isn't working though - it says it's updated and the files in the directory were modified today, but the data shows as 2016 in LNM until I sued the solution above.