Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

background noise

For some reason the simulator has started to give me background noise. It has always given me noise generated by itself, but now it's like another level of airplanes below the in-built FlightSim talking to each other - its below that. 
When I was in Spain, it was giving me just lots of background noise of a Canadian aircraft talking to a Canadian ATC, and it's the same speech over and over.

It just sounds like rubbish. Can someone tell me how to turn it off?
Thanks

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Have you installed any other ATC or ATC chatter application?  If you're using an ATC program, have you turned on a background chatter feature?

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

No, I haven't installed any other ATC chatter problem... Very odd.

I'm flying one of the Aerosoft Airbuses, and I have to admit I haven't even tried one that's just built into P3D. I'll do that now.

Thanks both of you

Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

It’ll be the airbus. Settings in the FMGC under sounds. There’s one for ATC chatter.

3 minutes ago, ianb2469 said:

It’ll be the airbus. Settings in the FMGC under sounds.

Where are the FMGC settings?

Thanks, Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

@ianb2469

In MCDU4, pop up OPTIONS, SOUND, ATC.  Is that FMGC?

That aircraft is very quiet - still, maybe  it works? I still want to hear ATC, but only the type that was written into P3D.

Edited by Gary McCluskey

Gaz on Facebook

This seems to be fixed, after the testing and help from @ianb2469

Gaz

• Like 1

Gaz on Facebook