Sign in to follow this  
EduMCfly

Plane sinking and ballooning erratically! :(

I don'k now exactly when this problem appeared and why but I need to find a solution. Please help me!!!!

Here a quick vid:

btw it happens with all the planes no matter the size...

Edited by charliearon
embed video

Hand flying??  A/P on??  Is your mixture set properly for your altitude?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

37 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Hand flying??  A/P on??  Is your mixture set properly for your altitude?

Mixture is set properly and in both hand flying and a/p on the problem occurs... 😞

What weather engine are you using? ActiveSky or something?

I ask because that looks like what ActiveSky does when it emulates up/down drafts in and around TRs

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I have been using AS for a long time but never with problems.

Also I almos never use the AS app only the added fsx preset.

☹️

Edited by EduMCfly

Looks to me to be some pretty serious turbulence.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

3 hours ago, stans said:

Looks to me to be some pretty serious turbulence.

Oh yes, imagine that happening all the fight....  😞

Perchance, do have A2A's Accu-feel installed?  I had severe turbulence with a combination of Accu-feel's turbulence enhancement and the turbulence generated by Active Sky.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

On 6/8/2021 at 9:06 AM, EduMCfly said:

Yes, I have Accu Feel installed.

Ensure turbulence settings, and any other settings, for Accu-Feel and AS(?16) are not conflicting with each other.  If both have turbulence set, for instance, it will increase the effect more than it should.  I think I leave Accu-Feel's turbulence off and use AS16's.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Yes, turn off Accu-Feel's turbulence, let Active Sky handle the turbulence.  That was my solution when I encountered absurd amounts of turbulence.

Ok, so active sky generates even if I'm not using the app? Or even the weather preset 🤔

I will disable accu-feel's turbulence anyways to see if that solves the problem. 🙂

10 hours ago, EduMCfly said:

Ok, so active sky generates even if I'm not using the app? Or even the weather preset 🤔

No, Active Sky must be running to affect your sim.  Off the top of my head I had AS16, REX Sky Force, and Accu-Feel all running at the same time and all capable of injecting turbulence.  Thus, you want to take note of all settings and ensure only one for turbulence (and any other weather feature) is active out of all your add-ons.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

On 6/11/2021 at 7:02 PM, TextRich said:

No, Active Sky must be running to affect your sim.  Off the top of my head I had AS16, REX Sky Force, and Accu-Feel all running at the same time and all capable of injecting turbulence.  Thus, you want to take note of all settings and ensure only one for turbulence (and any other weather feature) is active out of all your add-ons.

That's the weird part, Active sky app is never running, but I still get problems.... 😞

So we can say the only addon active is accu-feel...

Edited by EduMCfly

6 hours ago, EduMCfly said:

That's the weird part, Active sky app is never running, but I still get problems.... 😞

So we can say the only addon active is accu-feel...

Accu-Feel has turbulence settings too.  Disable those and see if you still have issues.