Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

EGTR to EGLC in the Optica, on a misty morning

Posted (edited)

I've got the rather nice freeware Optica, but thought the ORBX one was worth having as well. Doesn't have the dog but nice interior and finish. Took a trip out from Elstree, EGTR, over towards Northolt, turn back east before Heathrow and across town to put down at London City EGLC. Rather like the misty morning setting in SoFly so it's a bit dark and miserable for an early morning flight but it brightens up as the day warms up. ORBX London Landmarks, which look a lot better for the darker atmosphere, I feel, and PG turned off as usual for me. Ultra plus and 4k.

Out of Elstree, somewhere just before 07.00
GsSJaNU.jpg

Took off northbound but turn round and head back over the airfield and off to the south west
BgH3msN.jpg

Northolt below us, and Heathrow in the distance in a break in the cloud
zj7ca3S.jpg

turning south now and then back east
0s9oETL.jpg

eBQ0WbZ.jpg

This is how I feel London should be seen!
089vqln.jpg

Trendy looking stuff at the old Battersea Power Station. Way different from when I was around Lunnun Tahn, but then that was about 50 years ago now
uNoRVS2.jpg

pKfFATQ.jpg

o6FF4fg.jpg

Took a detour to have a close-up look at what will always be the Post Office Tower to me. Liked it so much I'll post a separate bunch of images from that after this set
CJDejIq.jpg

Coming up on Docklands. Again, nothing like this in my day. Even Harold Shand's vision of Docklands is modern compared to mine.
SOtbbpg.jpg

Ihx8pRj.jpg

e0SMTzD.jpg

KymPGtf.jpg

eis219G.jpg

nNMxflY.jpg

FDFmz8T.jpg

n4kJqs8.jpg

QRDHDze.jpg

hZQCChT.jpg

Definitely happier around here in greyer skies, this is another one of those sceneries where everything is a bit too sparkly and fake looking in bright sunlight.

Enjoy!

Edited by andy1252
incomplete post
  • Like 6

Ryzen 9 3950X, 64 Gb, Titan RTX, 11 Tb SSD, 24 Tb HD, 40" Philips 4k monitor, MSFS, XP11, AFS2, P3Dv5, FSX (in order of pref)

It's so ugly . . .
but perfect for best sight 😎 

Great pleasure flying with you 👍

Always safe landings 😉
Torsten

Posted (edited)

incredibly crisp screenshots, these could very well serve for official game marketing. I'll never dare piloting such a plane even if only in a sim, doesn't seem robust enough for me 😁

Edited by Bad_T