Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

New TCA throttle is picked up as buttons instead of axis..?

Got my new Thrustmaster airbus edition tca stick and throttles today. However, on the default profile, my left and right throttles are set up with Throttle axis N (0-100%) and I can see the white indicator below it moving according to my physical movement of the throttles. However, I want to assign it to Throttle axis 1 (not 0-100%), but whenever I scan for the movement, MSFS picks up a button press (11) instead of an axis. Then I get an error saying that Im trying to assign a function to a device that is not selected. I am on the TCA throttle 1-2 profile page so it IS the correct device. I dont know what to do, and Ive tried to google it but nobody seems to have this issue. 

When I go to sensitivities, the movement of the axis is portrayed correctly. Anyone here heard about this issue, and is able to help? Thanks a bunch! 🙂 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Does your Default TCA profile work properly for:

Throttle 1 axis 0-100% and Throttle 2 axis 0-100% and Reverse thrust ?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Is this using FSUIP again?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

hehe, no, I uninstalled fsuipc 😉

The throttles are working fine for the left and right throttle axis (0-100%), but I cannot assign them to the regular left and right throttle (without the 0-100%) because the sim thinks it is a button and not an axis. However, when checking my sensitivites, the axis are fine. 

I've circumvented the issue by using spad.next which is a hardware function assigning tool that I primarily use for my saitek panels, but which turns out is easily used to program axis and everything else. So in the end, I have my throttle quadrant unassigned in the sim, and use spad.next to assign it instead.

I think the problem lies in that the TCA throttle has digital clickspots along the travel range of the throttle axis to coinside with the detents of the airbus. However, those clickspots trigger as buttons when I move my throttle forward to assign an axis. I dont know how to circumvent that issue within the sim. I would be eager to know how others have managed since I haven't found a single post about this on the net. 

Checked with a friend of mine who also has the TCA airbus set, and he has the same problem. He hasnt bothered checking before I asked him, so he was unaware of the issue. The reason I need to change the axis from 0-100 to the normal throttle axis is because the CRJ doesnt work with the default axis. 

But as I said, I have managed to fix it by using spad.next. Spad is however not free, and I guess not everyone will spend the money to fix it that way. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes
  • Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78